Wildlife in the desert.

We see all kinds of wildlife. Bobcats,skunks,squirrels,rats, mice and even bears.

Also the occasional breaking bad meth lab.

Never in my life have I seen this. I think it's a peacock!

Attachments

• IMG_20230115_161546149.jpg
    IMG_20230115_161546149.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230115_162323820.jpg
    IMG_20230115_162323820.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230115_161749561.jpg
    IMG_20230115_161749561.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 59
Cool beans. I haven't seen one of them in real life in decades. I always remember a nun we had in elementary school who would always tell us don't slouch; shoulder back and strut our stuff like a proud peacock!

We moved to the desert in 2011. The amount of wildlife is amazing. Quail are everywhere, along with rabbits. We also see lizards, including Gila Monsters, coyotes, burrros, horses, bighorn sheep, foxes, horned lizards, desert tortoise, tarantulas (really cool each Sept/Oct), and even an occasional rattlesnake. The desert is not dead by a long ways. BTW, it is raining right now.

We moved to the desert in 2011. The amount of wildlife is amazing. Quail are everywhere, along with rabbits. We also see lizards, including Gila Monsters, coyotes, burrros, horses, bighorn sheep, foxes, horned lizards, desert tortoise, tarantulas (really cool each Sept/Oct), and even an occasional rattlesnake. The desert is not dead by a long ways. BTW, it is raining right now.
Have you been to oatman? My in-laws go there almost daily to beg for carrots.

We had a bunch of peacocks around here for quite a while. I remember on the news one time some guy cut down a HUGE tree because there were like seven peacocks living in it and they were super loud, and then he got in trouble with the city lol. I actually almost hit one one time on some back roads driving at dusk. They seem to have moved on though, this was a couple years ago.

Any rattlesnake in my yard is subject to the death penalty. Any rattlesnake I come across out in the wild is in his/her yard and is left alone. BTW, rattlesnakes do not like being around people, so there has never been a rattlesnake in my yard.
I have only seen one on my property. It was on our porch. I rounded it up,stuffed him/ her into a metal Folgers coffee can. Taped the lid on and took the buzzing can with snake inside it up into the hills with my Jeep.

Once up there I kicked the lid off. I went south,snake went north.

Back