Wienermobile hit by catalytic converter thieves, stranding it in Las Vegas. ‘No way’

Depends which one it is; they have several of them and it's most likely one of the new ones.
I don't think it's Corporates goal to drive these things to 500,000 miles. Unlike on here......

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
They better not drive this thing at night without a catalytic convertor, otherwise its going to have a lot of nocturnal emissions.....

California Target catalytic converter thief run over, killed beneath victim's vehicle.

The California woman heard the suspect attempting to saw the catalytic converter from her vehicle and then ran him over

How bad do you think this is going to have to get before the insurance lobby demands a legal solution? Or are all the stolen cats just being piled into shipping containers and stripped for their metals overseas?

Surely all these tweakers don‘t sell them to international smuggling rings, right? Some of the harvested metal is being sold domestically?

I’m sure there are some small fries stealing these cat converters and selling them locally, but for the majority of cases, there are organized rings that hit neighborhoods and steal large quantities in one night. Then they move somewhere else. It’s hard to catch them this way. I would imagine these large quantities end up going overseas.

How bad do you think this is going to have to get before the insurance lobby demands a legal solution? Or are all the stolen cats just being piled into shipping containers and stripped for their metals overseas?

Surely all these tweakers don‘t sell them to international smuggling rings, right? Some of the harvested metal is being sold domestically?
I figure some insurers will eventually just stop covering it under basic comprehensive coverage and make it have a separate (and very high) deductible kind of like glass coverage where if you want a lower deductible for cat thefts you'll need to pony up extra cash for it.

There is a You Tube channel about the a typical life of a salvage yard owner. I had subscribed to his channel and started enjoying some of his posts until he posted one video where he was bragging about how many CCs he was buying and then reselling for scrap. I politely sent him a message saying that he may want to stop doing those kind of posts given the amount of pain that these thefts are causing to said victims of those thefts.

I thought out of common courtesy that he might reply to my message and share my concern, but he did not. My next step was to unsubscribe from his channel.

Reactions: GON
Back