Why is the U. S selling its Oil and Gasoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
So what I hear is profit and greed knows no nationalism or patriotism.

Can you really not see further than your nose? It's not that simple. Have you thought about the fact that with higher profit, the company will be able to further expand its operations, which means potentially creating additional jobs? Doesn't this add value to this country? Also, more profit = more taxes being paid. If our government was not all broken, those taxes would help pay for services needed by some of our citizens, too.

Say you owned a small shop that made hats. You could sell them locally for $5, because that's all the locals were willing to pay you, or you could sell them on the other side of town for $10, because there was no hat maker there, so those folks were willing to pay you more for your hats. Wouldn't you rather sell them for $10, knowing that the extra profit would help you modernize and expand your small shop into a larger shop?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Can you really not see further than your nose?

One way to easily answer that is through the use of the "View posts" function for a particular user.

Hence some of the problem of large corporations versus private businesses when it comes to workers, communities etc.

If that's what you heard, you weren't listening.

Or didn't want to.

If you really feel that way about greed, you should go tell your boss that you're willing to work for 30% less, so that people can pay a lot less for what your company sells.

Don't wait.

Do it today.

Show the world that you're not greedy.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Hence some of the problem of large corporations versus private businesses when it comes to workers, communities etc.

If that's what you heard, you weren't listening.
Or didn't want to.
If you really feel that way about greed, you should go tell your boss that you're willing to work for 30% less, so that people can pay a lot less for what your company sells.
Don't wait.
Do it today.
Show the world that you're not greedy.

If you read "The Communist Manifesto" by Marx/Engels. You see where he is coming from. These guys were so clueless..reading the book is almost comical and incorrect.

I always like that everone is in favor of the Free Market except when it touches them negatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back