why does Norton STILL scan my attachments ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have uninstalled Symantec Norton AV and Symantec Update a long time ago from my laptop, and have been using AVG Free since.

But I keep noticing that every time I open/download an attachment that someone sends me to my yahoo mail, Norton pops up and still scans that attachment !!! why is that? I mean, it's supposed to be not on my laptop anymore?

Can someone explain to me how this happens and how to get my "preferred" AV program (in this case AVG Free) to do this, if at all ?
Thanks!

Well, you didn't root out Norton. Can you search your computer for all files that came with Norton? There's Norton stuff hiding in the library, with the knife. I recently wiped out a pesky program that wouldn't uninstall by using the Terminal.

Yahoo mail uses Norton to scan attachments. It's not on your computer but on Yahoo's website.

Conversely, hotmail uses trend micro to scan attachments.

Anti-virus? Where are the folks who criticized Windoze for making a computer slow? I'd say the prize for making your screaming fast computer slow goes to anti-virus software. Most people don't realize how fast their new computer is due to software like anti-virus and Vista.

Like mori, I thank the on-line mail services for scanning any attachments I receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back