Why are cordless grease guns so expensive?

Don't know about cost?? But i had been using a 12v Lincoln which is flawless except when it came to battery replacement cost. I bought a Milwaukee 18v Grease gun that is great as i have a whole line of those tools to swap battery's with.
Moral of the story is i got sick of buying a battery for a single use tool and all though i like the ergonomics of the Lincoln better.

Aren't grease guns cordless by nature,... similar to staple guns ??

I don't know that I'd call them "similar" to staple guns.

Every staple gun I've used takes about the same amount of push regardless of what you're driving the staples into.

A manual grease gun gives you a lot of assistance on high pressure grease injection. Still, though, compare the force required if you're just pumping the handle to get a blob of grease(which I often do) vs. hooking it to s Zerk and pumping grease into a bearing or wherever. At least on my gun, the former can be done with one finger. On the latter, if I'm doing a complete front end lube and having to hold the fitting with one hand while I pump the gun with the other, my arm's going to be pretty tired after I do a dozen or so fittings.

Don't know about cost?? But i had been using a 12v Lincoln which is flawless except when it came to battery replacement cost. I bought a Milwaukee 18v Grease gun that is great as i have a whole line of those tools to swap battery's with.
Moral of the story is i got sick of buying a battery for a single use tool and all though i like the ergonomics of the Lincoln better.
Exactly this. Nowadays, it's down to battery compatibility. And besides, I personally believe you almost can't go wrong with a Milwaukee anything.

Back