Who’s the manufacturer and where’s the cheapest place to buy these?

I see the MicroGard Select filter is the same as the Premium Guard Extended Life and STP Extended Life. Aside from the colors/stickers and boxes the only difference is that the STP is made in China. Also, the STP says 20 microns vs 25, but that’s probably just a typo. Can we buy these somewhere cheaper in bulk? Oreilly’s is $10.99 and Autozone is $9.99.
IMG_4813.jpg
IMG_4882.jpg
IMG_4888.jpg
IMG_4887.jpg

Can we buy these somewhere cheaper in bulk?

Look in your vehicle's oil filter section in Rock Auto and look for "Various MFR" .. that is the filter.. and it will come with either Premium Guard , Parts Plus or Pronto sticker..... the STP might be somebody else.. I have seen a few different suppliers for their XL filters.

Here is an example for the Premium Guard/Parts Plus/Pronto model: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6839076&cc=1442648&pt=5340&jsn=2934

Last edited:
The difference in those two filters… is the model number and obviously the baseplate… which correlates with each filters differing application and numbers.

Otherwise… they both are PG made.

Okay so the ones that are American made are Champs and they would be basically the same ones that I posted a picture of, but it was a Champ XL label..

Confusing me....??? STP is not the same as the Microgard. If the STP is a Champ filter, and made in China, then it's not a Microgard.

O'reilly Auto is the primary supplier of the "Microgard". Versions of this filter can be the "Premium Guard" or "Parts Plus" or "Various MFR".

Soooo.... outside a base plate difference, the way I tell is the COO. If it's it's made in Vietnam, then it probably comes from the same factory as the Microgard.

Not 100% on the Autozone STP line. AFAIK, these are not made in Vietnam.

Confusing me....??? STP is not the same as the Microgard. If the STP is a Champ filter, and made in China, then it's not a Microgard.

O'reilly Auto is the primary supplier of the "Microgard". Versions of this filter can be the "Premium Guard" or "Parts Plus" or "Various MFR".

Soooo.... outside a base plate difference, the way I tell is the COO. If it's it's made in Vietnam, then it probably comes from the same factory as the Microgard.

You will never really know until you cut one open and compare - including the media under a microscope. That’s assuming they don’t change something before you buy the second one.

The one in AutoZone for my particular vehicle, the last time I looked was made in China..

Amazon has a PG in stock for my vehicle got in for my vehicle, question is do I want to make that Chinese plunge.. LMAO 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

PG Oil Filter, Extended Life PG2500EX | Fits 2009-2020 various models of Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Jeep, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Ram, Saab https://a.co/d/fsBM61G

The Amazon filter (PG) for my car is clearly a Microgard. (Made in Vietnam). The same filter can be found on RA for even less. (Vietnam).

I'm still confused as to the STP line at Autozone. I don't think it's a Microgard clone as it's made in China. AFAIK, Microgard filters (And the clones) are all made in Vietnam and nowhere else.

Back