Whirlpool Gas Dryer GGW9250PW3 Repair - Excessive Dry Times

I am glad that you came back and updated this topic with the resolution.

The dryer takes almost hour and half to dry a standard load. It has moisture sensor with an led indicator and it takes a while before it indicates lack of moisture. Funny thing is when that indicator tells me that moisture is gone, I can then feel the top of the dryer cabinet getting warm to touch. At that time, the mechanical timer starts moving which tells me that I could take the clothes out now even before it stops completely.

When I open the dryer in the middle while it is running, I do not feel that there is excessive heat which I would think would happen if the exhaust were clogged.

I sat down in the laundrary room without turning on the light and watched. Watching yellow glow and blue glow told me that burner runs for less than 30 seconds and then it goes out. It comes back in about 60 seconds and repeats the cycle.

I do have spare set of gas coils but I had been too lazy to take apart the dryer albeit it is quite easy to do as I had previously replaced the coils few years ago. Looks like yje patient needs to be prepared for minor surgery soon!

I am glad that you came back and updated this topic with the resolution.

The dryer takes almost hour and half to dry a standard load. It has moisture sensor with an led indicator and it takes a while before it indicates lack of moisture. Funny thing is when that indicator tells me that moisture is gone, I can then feel the top of the dryer cabinet getting warm to touch. At that time, the mechanical timer starts moving which tells me that I could take the clothes out now even before it stops completely.

When I open the dryer in the middle while it is running, I do not feel that there is excessive heat which I would think would happen if the exhaust were clogged.

I sat down in the laundrary room without turning on the light and watched. Watching yellow glow and blue glow told me that burner runs for less than 30 seconds and then it goes out. It comes back in about 60 seconds and repeats the cycle.

I do have spare set of gas coils but I had been too lazy to take apart the dryer albeit it is quite easy to do as I had previously replaced the coils few years ago. Looks like yje patient needs to be prepared for minor surgery soon!
Mine was doing something similar… sometimes it would kick on then shut off after a few seconds to minutes, randomly cycle the burner, sometimes it wouldn’t kick the burner on at all…. Then I noticed as long as I was pushing on the selector it would keep the burner on properly. Something in the dial was wonky, new dial fixed all the problems.

Back