Which oil for Dodge Avenger 2.4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the same deal. Don't think anybody is matching Dodge's rebates right now. Trump you with a $1k customer loyalty coupon on top of clunker money because they took my local Jeep dealership away and wanted to keep me as a customer.

Car seems good, engine a little noisy at low rpm on acceleration but otherwise drives well. My first tank was 27mpg highway and city driving. I'll follow the same 1/3/6k breakin interval.

Hmm, my salesman said something about the customer loyalty thing but turned around and said it couldn't be used with the CFC deal and rebate...what precisely did you use for the loyal customer rebate?

Originally Posted By: ryland
I wounder if we really have the exact same engine as stated above??

Define "exact."

The whole idea of the GEMA engine is that its a modular engine "platform" that can be configured differently fir different applications. Mix and match parts that work for a particular application. I don't know exactly how Hyundai's version differs from Chryslers's but for example they could be using a different cylinder head, intake/exhaust manifolds, fuel management system, etc. but still have the same block and rotating assembly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1WildPig
Hmm, my salesman said something about the customer loyalty thing but turned around and said it couldn't be used with the CFC deal and rebate...what precisely did you use for the loyal customer rebate?

The customer loyalty coupon was mailed to me because I was a customer at a Jeep dealer that had it's franchise stolen from .... The letter listed the new dealer they gave the franchise to.

Just looking back at this thread and thought I'd do an update ... I went ahead and ran the factory fill to 4,000 miles in 3 months and changed it out at the end of October with Quaker State 5w20 and a SuperTech filter. The book said it would hold 4.5 qts but it took the whole 5 qts to put it on the full line when cold. I like to drain my oil til it gets to a slow drip and this one took what seem to be a long time to do that, especially with warm oil. The FF was just below the full line when cold so I may try just 4.75 qts next time to allow for heated oil expansion. It didn't consume any oil and all the miles were put on driving on county roads between towns with 27 to 60 miles run each way.

The car has done fine with no issues at all so far. Gas mileage has ran 26 to 29 mpg and I have been using MMO in varying amounts from none to the full 4 oz per 10 gallons which I'm back to right now to see how it will do over more than two tanks before adjusting again if needed for better economy...thing is, colder weather is setting in and getting an accurate assessment is harder to do...but, I'd rather have it in there for those cold first starts in the mornings for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back