Which of these Oils Should I Run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently running Mobil 1 5w-30 in my Mazdaspeed 3 (15.6 psi turbo) and I am planning to have a UOA done by Terry when the 5,000 mile OCI is complete.

I am not planning to put Mobil 1 back into the car for a variety of reasons so there is no reason to discuss Mobil 1 on this thread.

I am considering the following oils for the next OCI pending a recommendation from Terry after doing the UOA. I am hopeful that the UOA will be acceptable, but suspect fuel dilution to be an issue.

Castrol Syntec 5w-30
Redline 5w-30
Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30
Valvoline Synpower 5w-30
Quaker State Synthetic 5w-30

popcorn.gif

Castrol Syntec 5w-30
Redline 5w-30
Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30
Valvoline Synpower 5w-30

-Valvoline Synpower.

Last edited:
Castrol Syntec 5-30. Subaru WRX. Just turned over 60,000 on the way to work today. Has never used a drop between changes. I don't baby it. RP

Quote:

Mazdaspeed 3 (15.6 psi turbo)

suspect fuel dilution to be an issue.

Castrol Syntec 5w-30
Redline 5w-30
Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30
Valvoline Synpower 5w-30

popcorn.gif

Turbo?

Fuel Dilution?

Redline 5W-30 all the way!

The other 4 oils are all good, and I'd buy any of them on sale for normal service... but not for a car that might be driven really hard.

Redline is in an elite class!

I switched to Redline 5w20 ($9/qt) for the additive package (moly and zinc) with an Amsoil EAO-11 oil filter with a FilterMag (300lb) on it.

In December I'll switch to Amsoil Series 2000 0w30.

Regardless of which oil I run, the Amsoil oil filters will always be used. Simply the best on the market today.

Castrol Syntec 0W-30 (a.k.a., "German Castrol" or simply "GC")....if you can find it. I run it in my STi (2.5L turbo, 300+ HP) and it performs very well.

Quote:

I am not planning to put Mobil 1 back into the car for a variety of reasons so there is no reason to discuss Mobil 1 on this thread.

Just curious, but what are the reasons that you are choosing not to run it? I skipped M1 and went with PP given the oil consumption issues a few other people were having in the same car as mine ('03 Civic Si).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back