Which filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I use Honda OEM oil filters through the warranty period on my new 2011 Honda Pilot or does someone like a better filter for this application? I will be changing out with Redline 0W20 oil. I have been using Carquest Blue/Napa Gold filters in my Odyssey.

thanks

I think the NAPA Golds are pretty good filters, but the PureOnes are better and I can get them cheaper and easier where I live.

The Bosch D+ are a step up and are easy to find at Walymart. But the NG is a pretty good filter. NAPA has sales on various filters and that is the time to stock up (or stash up).

I have a 2008 Odyssey purchased used through Honda and asked myself the same question about sticking with OEM oil and filter throught the warranty period. I actually just purchased an extended warranty on it a few months ago. I have used an OEM filter and oil since I bought the van last year but decided to use PP 5-20 and a Bosch Distance Plus filter on the oil change I did last week. I can get the OEM stuff at a discount but still decided to go aftermarket based on UOA's and filter reports here at BIOTG.

I can't speak from experience but if there is an oil related issue will they question the use of the Redline..especially in a different weight?

Honda has three filters. Only the Toyo Roki's are really better than a run of the mill filter, and even then they're at best on par with a PureOne/Bosch/M1... etc.

In this size, the WIX/CarQuest/Napa Gold is a really well made filter. I use a PureOne, but I have used those and was happy when I cut them open.

pureone's.
go through advance auto using coupon code and their rebate. i think i got mine for a $1!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back