Which cars do you regret selling the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z with the 5spd manual & Turbo Two 2.2L fully loaded with T-tops

Last edited by a moderator:
1963 Merc S-55 390 4-speed, back in the day
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
74 big block Monte Carlo. The 73 to 77 was a test for cad simulation, it had a unique suspension. It was different that all the sister cars like the Grand Prix, and Regal. The engine was set way back from the wheels. Actually had a steering damper. Great handling for the day. I have always been into top speed and cornering not dragging. I had 256 axle and it did 2000 RPM at 60 in high gear. The speedometer only went to 120, but the needle would reappear in the opening for the gear selector. It would hit the drive needle and then sit there while the tach still climbed. I did see 5000 RPM in top gear once, and the tires all went bad in the next month. They were Firestone 500's so they were replaced free. I killed another set before they come out with the horrible traction 721's. The I got a set of Radial TA's that took all the abuse.

Winter in St Louis killed it. They had a huge snow in 82 or 83, I used chains and never got stuck despite plowing thru drifts has high as the hood. The thaw the next spring you could see in the trunk from the outside. Cladding was a bad idea then, and is now.

Rod

I still own this one, although it didn't come with a 454 BB.

I don't have any that I regret selling, but I do regret not purchasing a 69 Chevelle SS when they were a lot cheaper than what they are now.
cry.gif

I only sold 2 vehicles in my 23 years of driving. The one I regret is a 1998 Toyota RAV4. The small 2 door version with 5 speed, 4WD and hard top. What a blast in the winter !

My favorite color in the cars I've owned so far (dark green metallic).

I bought it in 2007 and sold it in 2010. Life changed and I sold it to get my current pickup which is not 4x4, but hauls much more stuff than the RAV4 ever could with a trailer.

My dark green over light green, three-on-the-tree 1953 Pontiac with its Wurlitzer jukebox dashboard, and my black 1982 Mustang GT (removeable glass tops) that I had bought new.

I sold the Mustang (after four times and change around the five-numeral odometer in kilometres) because I broke my leg and couldn't shift gears.

1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham with 400 V8 4 bbl, 727 A/T, and 9.25" rear end from a police Fury with 2.77 ratio. Black with black vinyl roof and 15" police "bullet"style rims.

Since my wife has no interest in learning how to drive a manual transmission I might still have this muscle car if I'd kept it.

61 Jeep FC170, 61 Buick LeSabre 2 door 401 nailhead, 66 Chevelle SS396 Marina blue 4 speed, 81 Datsun 810, 87 Buick GN.

I was sad to sell my TDi but I knew it was time. Probably the one that made me most sad was my first one--puppy love I guess. But it wasn't long for the world anyhow (next owner bought it for the motor and promptly scrapped it). I've been attached to vehicles, but eventually the honeymoon has worn off.

Hmm the keepers?

76 TransAm W leaned on poncho - high school car. Lots of great memories. Worked as a cook to get it.

72 Chevelle 4 sp bench seat coupe with a 383 then later w a moderately built 454. I put about 350K miles on this platform. - post college.

83 911SC - an excellent and cruel teacher on a road course - first expensive car

Everything else has been pretty disposable , lost of quick turn around rig but the long term drivers were pretty soul less.

90 mitsubishi eclipse turbo 5 speed was really neat and reliable. - first brand new car
93 SHO and 93 lightning were pretty fun and faster than most in their time.
95 Maxima was an appliance
06 g35 was a faster appliance
06 Rx400H - a nearly silent soulless but functional 4 door appliance.

Last edited:
My Dads 52 dodge pickup, 64 Buick Rivera, 72Monte Carlo,,after that,,none of my stuff is worth mentioning...still standing since 1946

Originally Posted By: Eddie
1961 Porsche Super Coupe. Red with lt brown interior. Needed money to get married-big mistake for sure. Ed

The car, or the marriage?

If I'd have kept a handfull of my Toranas, I'd be rich(ish)...but I don't regret selling them.

the 1990 4Runner RV6 was probably the car that I've missed the most.

2001 Honda S2000

All in, probably the best fun car I have ever owned. One service bulletin and, aside from that, needed 0 work beyond maintenance in the 7 years I had her....

I had a 1975 Triumph TR7, my first new car. It was broke more than not with something. I wish now I had it and would drop in a V8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back