Which cars do you regret selling the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had too many to list here but i guess my favorite was my first car which was a 1936 Ford 5 window coupe that I had all restored and it was beautiful. Gunmetal grey with maroon mohair upholstery.
My next would be a 1965 Corvair Corsa with the 140hp motor and 4 speed in dark metalic green and tan interior. Rebult motor and carbs myself (all 4 carbs). That thing would scoot. Then i guess would be my 1959 Edsal. It was a 2 dr hardtop with a 292 and a cruis-o-matic insted of the 2 speed. Seafoam green and white. Had a new original upholstery and won a second place in Reno with it. Great car with AC and still got 23mpg on the highway. Then lastly my VW campers which I still have. A 1975 and 1986 Westfalias. Wonderful relaxing vehicles that will take me anywhere.

Crazy as it sounds, a 1983 Ford Ranger XLT. First model year, 2wd, Regular cab, 4 speed manual, 2liter, carbed 4 cyl with power nothing. It did have a radio but not much else. Couldn't even get out of its own way.

1977 Pinto is a close second. 2.3liter 4 speed manual with power nothing again but at least it was the non exploding version.

1973 Plymouth Cuda 318ci. Had to sell it to pay for college. Beautiful gold metallic, white interior and white vinyl roof.

First series '55 Chevrolet deluxe cab pickup truck (same body style as 54). It was a daily driver. Ran like a top and I purchased it cheap; $700

99 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. Bought it new and got rid of it way too soon, traded it for an 02 Bravada. It only had like 47k on it. Black on tan, used to get so many compliments!

1990 Honda Accord EX Sedan. So many parts available for that car. Had I just kept it for about 10 years longer and it would have had H22 with forced induction. Been a Japanese Camaro then.

64 Plymouth Sport Fury 383
66 Ply Belvedere 426 Street Hemi
60 Ford F-100 with a Roadrunner 383 and Torqueflite-this was a real sleeper!

74 big block Monte Carlo. The 73 to 77 was a test for cad simulation, it had a unique suspension. It was different that all the sister cars like the Grand Prix, and Regal. The engine was set way back from the wheels. Actually had a steering damper. Great handling for the day. I have always been into top speed and cornering not dragging. I had 256 axle and it did 2000 RPM at 60 in high gear. The speedometer only went to 120, but the needle would reappear in the opening for the gear selector. It would hit the drive needle and then sit there while the tach still climbed. I did see 5000 RPM in top gear once, and the tires all went bad in the next month. They were Firestone 500's so they were replaced free. I killed another set before they come out with the horrible traction 721's. The I got a set of Radial TA's that took all the abuse.

Winter in St Louis killed it. They had a huge snow in 82 or 83, I used chains and never got stuck despite plowing thru drifts has high as the hood. The thaw the next spring you could see in the trunk from the outside. Cladding was a bad idea then, and is now.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back