which battery is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have an ac delco in my saturn sl. It was installed in 2011 in aug. My other saturn had an auto craft gold.from april 11.
which battery is better quality?

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
The one that had the Coopers on it.

what in the [censored] kind of answer is that? Is someone paying you to think? If so atleast give them their moneys worth!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Probably the same battery.

AC batteries used to have a slightly different chemistry. Forget what the alloying was, Ca or Sb...

IME, delco batteries are "more prone" (too many parameters for that to be accurate based upon my claims) to shorted cells and voltage degradation.

Autocraft silver would have been my pick.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

AC batteries used to have a slightly different chemistry. Forget what the alloying was, Ca or Sb...

IME, delco batteries are "more prone" (too many parameters for that to be accurate based upon my claims) to shorted cells and voltage degradation.

I think the different alloy was Exide mfg batteries. It was older and not as good.

I thought AC Delco batteries belonged to JCI now? So JCI is using different chemistries for their batteries now or are you thinking of the older Delco batteries?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back