Whey vs Isolate. Why does whey have added creatine?

I always make a post workout shake after I lift weights. Looking at the ingredients of both, I noticed whey protein always has a shot of creatine (2.5g) added to it while isolate protein doesn't. Why is that?

Many people are "hooked" on whey protien because it has a high level of the amino acid L-glutamine. L-glutamine calms heartburn and indigestion. Stop taking it and the stomach problems return. ie "hooked." L-glutamine is availabel as a pure supplement all by itself. Remember that TOO MUCH protien simply gets turned into fat inside your body, and leaches calcium from your bones.

I always make a post workout shake after I lift weights. Looking at the ingredients of both, I noticed whey protein always has a shot of creatine (2.5g) added to it while isolate protein doesn't. Why is that?

Sounds like cheap, improperly made protein to me.

Good luck!

Many people are "hooked" on whey protien because it has a high level of the amino acid L-glutamine. L-glutamine calms heartburn and indigestion. Stop taking it and the stomach problems return. ie "hooked." L-glutamine is availabel as a pure supplement all by itself. Remember that TOO MUCH protien simply gets turned into fat inside your body, and leaches calcium from your bones.

I'm hooked on it because it has no carbs so it's an easy way for me to hit my daily intake of 75 grams.

Creatine costs more per pound than whey, but so does isolate to a lesser extent. Creatine is a helpful supplement for strength and health, isolate has less calories per gram of protein. It's not the end of the world to mistake one for the other.

Every whey mix I’ve looked at has that same 2.5g added. It’s part of the “recovery pack” on the back label,along with taurine as well.
Are you looking at a single brand? What whey are are you taking, muscle tech nitro?

Last edited:
Are you looking at a single brand? What whey are are you taking, muscle tech nitro?
All the brands at Walmart. I usually buy Body Fortress or Six Star. I always add 5mg of creatine (Six Star) to my shakes. Both of those brands in Isolate don't have added creatine, only their whey versions.

Back