Where's my package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy sent me a backrest for my motorcycle via USPS. As soon as he sent it, he sent me a text with the tracking number. The online status showed an original delivery date of last Saturday. It didn't show. I went back online to check the status again that following Monday. It showed that it had left the Cincy post office and was en route to my local P.O. The next day the status was updated to "Late delivery, your delivery has been delayed, but it will be delivered." The status has not changed since. Friday I submitted a inquiry online and I received a call and an email on Saturday, both from the same person. The lady I spoke to said they didn't know where the package was, but she assured me it would be tracked down. Today, the sender spoke to this same lady, after I sent him her phone number, and the same thing, she couldn't tell him where the package was, but she had every confidence it hasn't been lost. I am not out any money as I was going to pay the guy for the backrest after I received it (with the senders approval), and the guy who sent it lost the receipt, so he can't claim the insurance for it. This lady said it could possibly take another week or two to finally be delivered. Have any of you had a similar issue with USPS and still have you package delivered a week or two later, or is it more than likely lost? Though I suppose it's possible, I don't see how a box that size can be lost...

Yep. Back in Apr/May last year I had quite a few packages that I sent to the Chicago and Milwaukee areas that went "late delivery". Most updated after 3-4 days but a few took around two weeks to finally land. None were lost.

I send a LOT of stuff by USPS and I've never had anything get lost as long as the packaging didn't rip open or something.

Yup, I get delays all the time. "Informed Delivery" is another tool to disappoint, as it shows stuff loaded for delivery then they skip my house for a day or two.

The front line workers are horrendously overworked. Hopefully DeJoy will get kicked out, soon, so he can stop sabotaging their efforts.

USPS is chugging along super slowly now

Priority that I ship out last year would take 2-3 days. Today, it would take 2-3 weeks.

Just be patient.

Maybe it got there and the porch pirates snagged it.

1619479516823.jpg

3/19 I had a package containing medication shipped to me. It got to my local post office and was scanned as out of delivery. The postmaster at my local PO has conducted an investigation and searched the PO for that package and it still hasn't shown up at my house. About the same time I'd ordered a computer online that was shipped by the USPS as I remember I got notices like you got and the package was about 10-14 days late.

I ordered a small part from RockAuto in January. After three weeks with no delivery I contacted RockAuto who then sent a replacement by UPS that arrived within 3 days. A week later (one month late) the Post Office delivered the original part (finger sized). Then the first of this month I ordered two pair of baseball pants for my son for opening day. I allowed two weeks for delivery before he needed them. I was notified by the seller that they had been shipped by USPS (groan!). You guessed it, four weeks later and the pants still have not arrived.

I sent two UOA's to Blackstone at the same time from the same post office. One reached BS in 4 days and the other took almost 3-weeks. A third sample was sent a few weeks later took 7 days. You got me...

Smart people use UPS FedEx Fixed it for you...
Yea, well............hmmmmm....maybe not. My adult daughter was involved in a $2,000 dollar saddle shipment. After arriving at it's destination city, Fedex shipped it back to the sending location, lost it for awhile, then allowed someone else pick it up at their facility without an I.D. check. It eventually was tracked down and the situation rectified.

Warstud is correct: "Covid has caused alot of problems and getting mail and packages on time are one of them."

Anyone that applies logic to our current situation should be able to rationalize that many/most things are going to be discombobulated for a good while. Accept it. Mellow out. Make lemonade. Go fishing.

“Went to L.A. by Omaha”
This sort of thing is happening more and more. The USPS always has some excuse. Pandemic, snow storm, earthquakes, floods and etc. I ordered something out of Texas. This should have been an 1,100 mile trip, going through the regular USPS sorting offices and such. However, it did a 2,600 mile tour before getting here. The USPS is the absolute worst at mail and package delivery. It should be contracted out but, it can be without a Constitutional Amendment. It’s in there. Congress shall establish Post Offices and Post Roads.
Whatever happened to the saying about rain, sleet and dark of night?

FedEx expected to deliver a package on Friday. Tracking showed "out for delivery" all of Friday and Saturday. All the while they showed Henderson, CO as the current location. Earlier today they said "pending." Now they claim delivery will happen tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath. FedEx hasn't managed to deliver any of my packages on the predicted day in years. They often show up a day early but mostly 3 to 6 days late.

Last edited:
All of the shippers have had problems lately.

UPS recently lost a firearm (a Glock 17) while in their care, and it was an employee theft. Long story, but I don’t trust UPS. They lost my gun.

I’ve shipped hundreds of packages via FedEx. Not one issue.

Funny enough with all the delayed shipments I've had I ordered a mower from the Tractor Supply website and it showed up on an XPO semi truck five days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back