Where do you buy ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first stop is SGAmmo. I also buy a lot directly from Freedom Munitions. If those two don't have what I want at the price I am willing to pay I hit ammoseek and buy from random suppliers.

Almost never buy ammo locally usually much better values on line.

I was going to buy some range ammo online but stopped by Walmart and got 300 rounds of 9mm for $56 after tax a little over 18 cents a round.

The Tula only had two boxes at $7.75, I got this e and got the bulk pack of Winchester 115 gr for $37

Originally Posted By: billt460
Good post. A lot of people complain about Cabela's prices. What many don't understand is what you have explained. You've got to do your homework, along with the math, and not just, "go in and buy". I live just 2 miles from the Glendale, Arizona Cabela's. And I'm in there all the time. If you combine the discount cards they send out, along with, "employee discount pricing" coupons, (which vary from item to item), you can really make out. Even on items that are already on sale. Cabela's is one of the few stores that allow you to, "double up" on coupons and discounts. They also have good deals on FMJ range ammo. I've bought 115 FMJ 9 MM for as little as $7.85 a box, (brass cased, boxer primed, and reloadable), after applying all of the discounts that were available at the time.

It's the same with guns and magazines.

I personally can't be bothered to go to a store and find they don't have the stock I want or the price is not what I want to pay.

I can consistantly buy 9 mm steel/brass for 16 cents/19 cents a round. And .380 steel/brass for 20 cents/25 cents a round at targetsportsusa.com

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: billt460
Good post. A lot of people complain about Cabela's prices. What many don't understand is what you have explained. You've got to do your homework, along with the math, and not just, "go in and buy". I live just 2 miles from the Glendale, Arizona Cabela's. And I'm in there all the time. If you combine the discount cards they send out, along with, "employee discount pricing" coupons, (which vary from item to item), you can really make out. Even on items that are already on sale. Cabela's is one of the few stores that allow you to, "double up" on coupons and discounts. They also have good deals on FMJ range ammo. I've bought 115 FMJ 9 MM for as little as $7.85 a box, (brass cased, boxer primed, and reloadable), after applying all of the discounts that were available at the time.

It's the same with guns and magazines.

I personally can't be bothered to go to a store and find they don't have the stock I want or the price is not what I want to pay.

I can consistantly buy 9 mm steel/brass for 16 cents/19 cents a round. And .380 steel/brass for 20 cents/25 cents a round at targetsportsusa.com

Btw, thank you Al, I received my MIRs a few weeks back from one of the posts you made (https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4348176/Al#Post4348176). No hassles and made for a very good deal. I even got a t-shirt.

Looks like bubbatime just posted another MIR deal going on! https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4464091/Federal_Ammo_rebate_$50_back_p

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Right as it comes it off my press!

Braggart.
My hands are still sore from the Lee nutcracker manual loader I ended up putting somewhere out of sight.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

Braggart.
My hands are still sore from the Lee nutcracker manual loader I ended up putting somewhere out of sight.

My Dillon 650 fixed my finger cramping handily and makes lots of quality ammo for me.

I buy everything by the 1000 rd case. 9mm, .45, .223, 38 special being the main stockpile. I'll buy $2000 at a time.

Sgammo
TargetsportsUSA
The-armory
Cabelas (some deals, not many)
Palmetto state armory (unbeatable sales in ammo)
Academy(found some nice Deals Plus Free Shipping Sometimes)

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Some online site that sells CorBon +P. First purchase of ammo in probably thirty years.
smile.gif

I can tell it's your first ammo purchase in 30 years based on what ammo you purchased
smile.gif
. Haha j/k

Always check Natchez shooter's supply and Sportsman's Guide. There can be some good finds on GunBroker. I found 100 rounds of 270 WSM 140 gr accubond federal premium cartridges. Not offered by federal any More.

Freedom Munitions has quickly become my go-to for handgun training ammo. I've only bought their new ammo (not reman), and it's always ran perfect. Plus I get a lot less carbon fouling versus cheaper training loads from the big names (Federal, Winchester, etc). 124gr 9mm new mfr runs under $0.20/rd... but every few weeks they run a free shipping promotion. Plus there's coupon codes floating around to pull another 5% or so off the final price.

SG Ammo is another favorite. They have excellent inventory on all kinds of different calibers, and their prices are fair. 7.62x39 specifically is a strength here. Processing times and shipping speeds are always very good.

Palmetto State Armory runs excellent daily deals from time to time, but tend to be more rifle focused (AR15 specifically).

When sale surfing though - Ammo Seek and Slick Guns are excellent aggregators that bring the best deals directly to your finger tips.

Just bought 1000 rounds of Aguila FMJ .380 for $202.70 ...no tax, no shipping. Quite a deal.
I have purchased 14,000 rounds from them in 1 1/2 years lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back