Where are the yellowjackets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I discovered that Brake Kleen kills them quite quickly and has the advantage of shooting a stream with quite the range.

Some of the wasp killer aerosols that shoot out a stream like that actually will kill them almost instantly on contact, too, quite surprisingly. This year, they seem to like underground nests.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
As to hunting / fighting them after dark , I have a different theory .

They are apparently " cold blooded " . Not very active when the temperature drops .

I have gotten up at first light , when the temperature is cool . Use a garden hose ( cold water ) to knock small nests down , under the eve of the house . Then either stomped on them or sprayed them with something to kill them .

WD40 does not work that well . Once , on a service call , that was all I had . It did weight / wet down their wings & they could not fly as well . Most supply houses now sell insect killer in rattle cans .

As far as them having poor vision & being attracted to light , I do not know .

I discovered that Brake Kleen kills them quite quickly and has the advantage of shooting a stream with quite the range.

Thank you . :)

You are quite welcome. It was all we had on hand the one day and we found a nest. I was surprised by how quickly it took them out.

The WD40 was all I had on the truck . As I said , it was less than satisfactory for killing insects .

You would be surprised how fast a fat man can run , with yellow-jackets chasing . With tools bouncing out of my tool pouch . :-(

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
The WD40 was all I had on the truck . As I said , it was less than satisfactory for killing insects .

You would be surprised how fast a fat man can run , with yellow-jackets chasing . With tools bouncing out of my tool pouch . :-(

Yeah, I knew from previous experience WD40 wasn't much good unless there was fire involved, LOL
wink.gif

They are all across the border in WV. You can have them back if you want to come over and get them!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back