When your RV is more spacious than your house

it's an RV park. You are paying for the land, not the building.

1681779721324.png

1681779900506.jpg

The wife and I are actually considering buying a speck of land on a unnamed beach and installing utilities to have an RV site. If the hurricane is on the way, you pack up the RV and get out, and rent the spot out the rest of the year you're not there.

A direct hit from a hurricane will tear up precious little more than probably a shed if we built one there, absent that, it just sits there and earns income like a rental property with very little worry that someone is going to tear it up, since there wouldn't be a lot there to tear up.

The wife and I are actually considering buying a speck of land on a unnamed beach and installing utilities to have an RV site. If the hurricane is on the way, you pack up the RV and get out, and rent the spot out the rest of the year you're not there.

Make sure that zoning allows that use. I'm pretty sure you can't do that in hoity-toity Prince William County, Virginia, former home of John and Lorena Bobbitt.

Make sure that zoning allows that use. I'm pretty sure you can't do that in hoity-toity Prince William County, Virginia, former home of John and Lorena Bobbitt.
Of course, all that would be taken into consideration. The place we're looking already has some existing lots exactly like it that were turned into them after the last hurricane wiped the houses off the map.

Back