What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drive her, macgyver.

How different in diameter is the spare? You can throw that on and keep the oddball as a spare. Or reassure yourself that since the spare is different, your 6mm extra height won't matter either.

Buying a car cross country is an adventure. Live it up! Is the timing belt on this thing in good shape?

Move the odd-duck tire to the passenger rear. Air up all tires, and especially the spare. If they are not bald and you will be driving on flat roads, I suggest complete the road trip as-is.

Thanks for all the opinions. I am heavily leaning towards getting a new set of 4 tires. Tires will likely be a one time purchase for this car so I am thinking that I might as start out with a new set for the longest road trip the car will likely take while under my ownership.

Lots of good suggestions here. One step that I didn't see (and perhaps equally important) is to check the date code on all of the tires. This will help you decide whether to replace now or when you get home.

I'm not sure which is worse...getting stranded on the way home or spending 600 on a set of tires for a car that won't go 1500 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back