Winter wheel/tire score

I've been keeping my eyes out for a set of 15" 4x100 wheels to mount the winter tires on for our run-about Kia. Well, as luck would have it, I found these babies 30 minutes from home for $200:

1000001573.jpg

175/55R15 Continental VikingContact 7's with 7-8/32" remaining wrapped around aftermarket steelies. Little smaller than the 195/60's that are the OE size, but that's fine. We don't put many miles on the thing so I'm just going to use up the Conti's as-is then have the Toyo's in the correct size installed. For $200, I'm one happy camper.

Nice! My score wasn't as good, $360 for what look like OEM steelies and what look like nearly new Dunlop Wintermaxx (but no TPMS). I figured, the price wasn't too bad for just steel rims, it seems the days of scoring a set of rims (just rims) for $100 are gone. Or one has to jump on the deal immediately.

Nice! My score wasn't as good, $360 for what look like OEM steelies and what look like nearly new Dunlop Wintermaxx (but no TPMS). I figured, the price wasn't too bad for just steel rims, it seems the days of scoring a set of rims (just rims) for $100 are gone. Or one has to jump on the deal immediately.
I think you still did quite well! My set was listed for $300 a little less than 4 hours before I messaged the guy. I offered him $200 cash if he could meet first thing in the morning. We had to drive in to hit the grocery store anyhow, so it worked out perfectly.

My daughter listed 4 16x7” Mercedes Benz wheels on FB marketplace for $200 and took the first $50.
She would have gotten $80 at the scrap metal place.

Back