What type of cheese is everyone into?

I live in the middle of cow country in Wisconsin and you can five miles in any direction and find a dairy store that will sell you some of the best cheese you will ever eat.

Sharp cheddar for me 🧀

Reactions: JC1
I love most kinds of cheese. If I were forced to narrow it down to my essential cheese list it would include Gruyere, brie, Danish Blue, burrarta, and yogurt cheese.

Comté, Camembert, Cantal, Roquefort and Parmigiano reggiano. Would like to taste some of the cheese you have in north america one day.

Agree. Wisconsin cheese is the best.
I live in the middle of cow country in Wisconsin and you can five miles in any direction and find a dairy store that will sell you some of the best cheese you will ever eat.

Sharp cheddar for me 🧀
When my wife and I visit her aunt and uncle in Wi, we always bring back a cooler full of genuine Wisconsin cheese. I love cheese curds and many of the Wi restaurants serve deep fried curds as an appetizer.

I buy a few pounds of cheese from Aldi (various kind) and cold smoke them a few hours. Then vacuum seal and enjoy for a few months.

Smoked cheese is my jam.

But aside from that, I dig all types of cheese!

Government cheese is my favorite. Fromunda is another choice.
Government Cheese is what I named my old work cell phone just to see who giggled when meetings started and everyone was connecting to the WiFi.

A good Colby jack is my favorite. Used to be a cheese shop in the town where my grandpa, dad and I went to the barber for years. Got your hair cut then go buy some cheese. They always had multiple longhorns of Colby and Colby jack. They were the first place I ever saw the mini horns also.

I also like farmers, provolone and Munster. I do go through spurts where I eat a lot of Velveeta or American(not the individualy wrapped junk) on my eggs.

i forgot to mention cheese curds. The best one are fresh from the dairy that haven’t even cooled yet. If they squeak when you eat them you know they are fresh.

Someone gave me Amish butter cheese. It's delicious. Goes well with radishes and a lager. 50% fat content, so I enjoy it sparingly.

I like just the regular sliced cheese that comes in the packages. If I need shredded cheese also get the kind in the packs all other cheese is nasty in my opinion.

Generally there are three types.

Cheese.
Processed cheese.
Cheese food.

The first one is real. Some companies like Tillamook package real cheese into slices and wrapped. Most others are processed cheese.

Its cheaper to buy a block and a cheese slicer.

Lots of good cheese out there. Nothing like a pizza with real mozzarella.

Generally there are three types.

Cheese.
Processed cheese.
Cheese food.

The first one is real. Some companies like Tillamook package real cheese into slices and wrapped. Most others are processed cheese.

Its cheaper to buy a block and a cheese slicer.

Lots of good cheese out there. Nothing like a pizza with real mozzarella.
I just don’t care for the taste of the block cheese it’s ok but usually too bitter I do like Colby and Swiss cheese when it comes to real cheese. But I’m honestly a fan of that processed cheese I guess it would be it taste too good to not like. This whole time I thought it was real cheese I never read the package till now. And I’m not sure what type is on pizza as I just get pizza from Dominos and eat it.

Back