What to clean toolbox with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have a Matco box and when I did wash it I just treated it as if I was washing a car. Used whatever car wash I used on the car.

Being that it's most likely made out of double wall construction, how the heck did you ever remove the water from in between the double walls ?

Never was an issue. I guess it might rust out in years time, but never had an issue with it. I only washed it a couple times and I have had the box for 11+ years.

Never was an issue. I guess it might rust out in years time, but never had an issue with it. I only washed it a couple times and I have had the box for 11+ years.

I'm thinking the water goes in through the square cutouts that the slides mount to and then get trapped in between the inner walls. Actually, this sounds like one of the nightmares I frequently have.

I just washed the outside. The inside I never bothered to clean, just organize.

Too late now, the image is burned into my brain. It's gonna be cold sweats and sleep walking for me tonight.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I just washed the outside. The inside I never bothered to clean, just organize.

Too late now, the image is burned into my brain. It's gonna be cold sweats and sleep walking for me tonight.

Want me to take pictures of it tomorrow? It is kind of messy because it is in my garage and I have done some projects without tidying up.

Originally Posted By: DallasTexas
Dish washer with double dose of detergent along with the tools (while wife is out).

It's not that kind of toolbox. When mechanics say "toolbox" (or usually just "box"), they're talking about a gargantuan tool chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back