What tablet to get for around $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'm narrowing it down to the new Nexus 7 and Hisense Pro Sero 7. The Nexus is 16 GB but no SD drive, while Hisense has 8GB with SD. How crucial is having expandable disk space?

Space is crucial. By the time you add apps, music, a vid or two, and all the app payload, the more space the merrier.

8gb is too slim for my liking, 16GB is barely adequate and 32GB is a comfy spot. YMMV.

Originally Posted By: gregoron
Now, I'm narrowing it down to the new Nexus 7 and Hisense Pro Sero 7. The Nexus is 16 GB but no SD drive, while Hisense has 8GB with SD. How crucial is having expandable disk space?

It depends if you use any streaming based services. If you stream your music and television, then I would say 16GB is more than plenty.

I agree with the above poster. I've been really impressed with the Samsung Tab series. If you like writing, splurge to their "Note" series. Samsung has really done a great job with these.

And... You can get a great deal at Costco with these... less than $200.

Anyone has the Asus MemoPad HD 7? That seems to be good tablet as well for $150.

Funny you mention that one, just saw it at two places this week for $109. Decent screen, 16GB storage. Not sure if the CPU stacks up against other players though.

I like my iPad mini. Wish it had an SD slot, but that's about the only thing I find lacking. As far as batteries, I would be surprised if you couldn't change it, you can replace the iPod batteries. Might not want to, due to the dissassembly required; might not want to pay the bucks to have someone else do it; but, IMO, after 3-4 years I'll be ready for an upgrade.

I have Nextbook, 7 I think? which isn't bad. SD slot but no Bluetooth, no camera. Worked ok, but my wife knew I wanted the camera, hence the upgrade. The Nextbook gets used to hold music at work.

Originally Posted By: supton
I have Nextbook, 7 I think? which isn't bad. SD slot but no Bluetooth, no camera. Worked ok, but my wife knew I wanted the camera, hence the upgrade. The Nextbook gets used to hold music at work.

The 7" Nextbook is a great tablet at the
In the $150-200 range, you can get some great devices. Many have already been mentioned here.

Thanks for the inputs everyone. I'm looking at 2 right now: Nook HD+ and Asus MemoPad HD7. Both are $150. Nook has a 9" screen vs HD7's 7". But, I like that HD7 has cameras that Nook doesn't.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Anyone has the Asus MemoPad HD 7? That seems to be good tablet as well for $150.

Funny you mention that one, just saw it at two places this week for $109. Decent screen, 16GB storage. Not sure if the CPU stacks up against other players though.

@ToyotaNSaturn, where did you find this price? Could it be the old MemoPad Me172V? The new HD7 is still $149 and better than the older one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back