What synthetic resists heat/sludge the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any quality synthetic will be more resistant to heat/sludge. M1, Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline SynPower, Castrol Edge, Havoline ProDS, etc...pick your poison. A quality syn with OCI's of 5k or less and you will likely have no issues.

Originally Posted By: ejes
Any quality synthetic will be more resistant to heat/sludge. M1, Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline SynPower, Castrol Edge, Havoline ProDS, etc...pick your poison. A quality syn with OCI's of 5k or less and you will likely have no issues.

The best answer yet. Marketing and advertising try to convince us that one product is better than the rest because ...........

Originally Posted By: jongies3
Originally Posted By: dave1251
The GYM base stock used by Shell only drawback compared to PAO is artic cold weather performance. It will work just as well as M-1. Just change it at a reasonable interval.

With a pour point of around -50, why is this an issue? I dunno about you, but, if it gets any colder than -50 outside I'm not going to be very ambitious to go outside and start my vehicle! Doubt my work van would run, either..

Is it difficult to surmise I was letting to OP know the only significant performance difference between GTL and PAO is Artic extremes and both are nearly equal in performance at high temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back