What spark plug?

I have an old Weedeater mower with 3.75 HP Briggs. The mower is older and has seen hard use, along with maintenance by Bubba J. Vicegrip. The current spark plug is a Champion J19LM. I cannot confirm this is the correct plug online.

I have posted engine numbers below. Is there a good " generic " plug for the 3.75 Briggs? Thanks in advance for any advice

13F5A8C9-F053-4ECA-BFB3-C4D2BFC0A589.jpeg

D3B45CD7-4916-460F-8295-5E21883471A3.jpeg

9DE86A2F-26DE-41C3-88C3-1AEC1BC72C85.jpeg

Should an iridium tipped plug even be considered? They are designed to minimize wear at the electrodes. I doubt this is a problem with lawnmowers. The plug would probably foul before it experiences any wear.

Should an iridium tipped plug even be considered? They are designed to minimize wear at the electrodes. I doubt this is a problem with lawnmowers. The plug would probably foul before it experiences any wear.

The iridium plug has a finer electrode and requires less voltage and should be easier to start. You will likely get better gas mileage as well.

When I had one of those flatheads, I considered the Autolite iridium but ended up using the NGK instead. It started in one pull, which it never did with the original Champion loser :sneaky:

If I ever have another Briggs flathead, I'd try the Autolite iridium.

Back