What paint brand do you like?

We are painting our Gun Club Clubhouse. I set up an account with Sherwin Willians.

The Problem Is:
They have like 7 grades of paint and of course they steer you to the top 2 grades ..like $100/gallon. When you ask about the lower grades they indicate they are not available reliability bc of the "Pandemic":rolleyes:

I immediately went to my local hardware store and bought 8 gal of Kilz and 8 gal of Pittsburgh Paint for a total of $640 they had plenty in stock.

I used to use Sherwin Williams with great results. In the last few years I have noticed that SW is not the quality that it once was. I have switched to Behr top of the line product and have not looked back. For outdoor painting I use Benjamin Moore.

Sorry this has nothing to do with paint brands but more of me mocking people and not forgetting about it. 7 or 8 years back sat in a restaurant with my wife, next to a table of middle aged white guys and somw younger girl who kept her mouth shut.

These guys sounded like some sort of "executives" at like Benjamin Moore or some paint store like that. They must have been showing off but they laughed and joke about how awesome they were running the paint stores, displays and made it sound like it was some distinct or elite club they were part of. Nonetheless, my wife and I mocked them and to this day still mock them or people that sound like them. I wanted to ask them if they wanted a medal or a chest to pin it on.

Thats the only thing that comes to mind when people talk about paint.

The problem with Consumer reports is that they go for value and Behr is the value pick. When the labor for painting is much higher than the cost of paint, it pays to get the best paint and not have to do the job again for a few extra years. For interior paint when you might paint the place again in a few years, makes sense to pick cheap interior paint where it won't matter if it lasts or not. But for exterior, you don't want to pay thousands every few years to get it repainted.
Problem is no one test like CR does. According to them the Bear should last 10 years. Having said that I paint it myself with a sprayer and I usually do it in Fall/Spring when Dallas temperatures are pleasant. I don’t mind paying higher cost but every mfg claims that their paints are the best.

Back