What is your most frequent but irrational purchase?

For me, it's bottled water. I have a really great RO system at home as well as filtered water via the fridge ice and water dispenser. But sometimes I fall for the marketing and buy fancy bottled water.

I should stop doing it, but hey that's why it's irrational.

For us, it’s eating out. Irrational because we love to cook, and can do it pretty well, but are busy, have kids, and tons of other interests. So eating out makes life a bit easier, and we can enjoy all sorts of food. We rarely buy alcohol, so bills aren’t atrocious. We generally don’t do chains, and don’t mind little hole in the wall places, if the quality is good.

Do cigarettes count? I'm paying a boatload for something killing my health.

Outside of cigs I have to say eating out is another irrational purchasing decision because a $30-40 meal out for us both could be done for prob ¼ the cost at home. I always justify it to myself in 'oh well don't have to deal with the work of cooking and cleaning up'.

I love this stuff and have taken to buying a bottle or so a month. I add it to water or diet soda. Addicted now I suppose. Cheap enough as far as being frivolous I suppose.

Cars. Longest I’ve kept one is 3 years.... since I’ve turned 18 I’ve bought the following:
2011 Kia Forte Koup
2011 Dodge Durango which was my lesson in buying first model year of an entirely new vehicle
1995 Toyota Camry, which was my lesson in being cheap and buying something the internet said is indestructible and would live forever
2012 Dodge Caliber
2018 Dodge Grand Caravan
2016 Chrysler 300
2019 Ram 1500 Classic

I see a disturbing MOPAR habit above. Get help.

Me?
It's body piercings. I have so many I go out on Halloween naked and people think I'm a knight in shining armor.

pezzy man, lose those 'rettes. It'll be hard to do for a while but you're stronger.

Back