What is the cheapest coolant worth using that doesn't contain 2-EHA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dollar Tree no longer carries the cute little 14 oz bottles of SMB coolant for $1, and Family Dollar charges $6 for a half gallon of the same SMB, which is way too much!

Walmart's house brand ST coolant has 2-EHA in it as it's a yellow Dexclone. The Peak coolant you often find on-sale also suffers from the same problem.

Sometimes the parts stores will put green 50/50 coolant on sale for like $8.99/gal or so, and the AAP promo codes put their CQ coolant around that price or a little more.

Pep Boys no longer carries Turbo Power coolant which was recently on clearance for $7/jug

No Kmart nearby. They carried Peak Green and the famous PGL at a reasonable price.

Try to catch one of the Advanced Auto Parts online sales and pick up in store to save on shipping. I last got a gallon of Zerex G05 concentrate this way for around $12.

I got a gallon of 50/50 green from AAP with the 25% off promo code (couldn't find a 30% code). Came to just under $10

If I still have the car before I use up the whole gallon, I'll go to one of those shady stores and get one of those $7 jugs they have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back