what is the best 50-1 oil for 2 cycl trimmer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
need another help from you forums members; what is the best 50-1 oil for this

Hitachi 21 cc Straight Shaft Trimmer , CG22EASSLP

have seen many 50-1 oils on the store but which should i choose to get the best performance and protection: these are the options i have available at the stores

* Oregon 50-1
* Lucas 50-1 - 2 cycle semi synthetic smokeless oil
* Red Armour 50-1 oil

also have available to choose from

: Explorer 2 cycle oil ( that is the one they had at Sears )

and also have the option of Echo 2 cycle oil from Home depot , so which should i buy ? ( this last 2 are more far away to [purchase from my location : ( , but the others stated before are more near : )

found some links on some of these products

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=290&catid=17&loc=show

http://www.baileysonline.com/Chainsaws/F...es-1-Gallon.axd

so what dou think about them ? : )

looking over the forum read that ashless oil are for water cooled engines and low ash is for air cooled engine so upon that then the lucas oil would not be a option, correct ?

so would apreciate your advices uppon which is the best 50-1 oil for my trimer : )

There is nothing currently available that is better than Stihl's HP Ultra full-synthetic 2 cycle oil.

Stihl HP Ultra

It is about as good as my all-time favorite Mobil 1's Racing 2T two-cycle oil. Unfortunately, Exxon/Mobil no longer imports Racing 2T into the U.S.market; however, it is readily available in Europe. None of your listed oils are in the same league.

Last edited:
ok so the 50-1 ratio is because of emissions laws. if you have just purchased the trimmer, I would run 32-1 or 40-1 with a good conventional oil for break in. if you run synthetic it will not break in properly. i bought an echo srm-225 when i was about 12 and ran echo oil in it from day one at 50-1. one time i took the muffler off and there was a scratch on the piston. so obviously it was not getting enough lubrication and had low compression as well. ive been running castrol 2t snow in it at 32-1 and have had no problems. echo oil is good but running it from day 1 at 50-1 is not the best idea. maybe a motorcycle oil like yamalube or castrol or something would be good and cheaper after break in but i just use whatever my bike gets in all my small engines.

in canada the manuals for those trimmers say you can run ratios up to 25-1 but in california t says 50-1. sometimes if you run too rich of a mix, the carburetor will have trouble pumping the oil and would actually get less oil

I use Red Line with good results. 13 year old Echo runs like new, used to trip up to an acre of stuff around the back yard and the wife's roses.

Originally Posted By: outdoorsman310
ok so the 50-1 ratio is because of emissions laws. if you have just purchased the trimmer, I would run 32-1 or 40-1 with a good conventional oil for break in. if you run synthetic it will not break in properly. i bought an echo srm-225 when i was about 12 and ran echo oil in it from day one at 50-1. one time i took the muffler off and there was a scratch on the piston. so obviously it was not getting enough lubrication and had low compression as well. ive been running castrol 2t snow in it at 32-1 and have had no problems. echo oil is good but running it from day 1 at 50-1 is not the best idea. maybe a motorcycle oil like yamalube or castrol or something would be good and cheaper after break in but i just use whatever my bike gets in all my small engines.

ok what is the proportion of a 40-1 or 32-1 ? i know 50-1 is 2.56 oz but what are the others
frown.gif
in oz? and how do i know which is conventional oil for break in ? and that break in for how long should i do it 5 min , 10. 15 min ?

AMSOIL Saber is what I use in my 15 year old Kawasaki string trimmer and I have 2 acres of lawn and was cutting my inlaws 5 acres for the past 5 years. Not saying I cut the entire lawn with it but I have a bunch of trimming to do.

I use echo and buy it buy the gallon. It ends up being about $.50 cents per gallon of fuel mixed versus 2.00 or whatever it was when buying the smaller oil packs. I always add just a tad more oil than what they call for. I got about 7 years and probably 1500 hours out of my srm-210 trimmer. 1200-1500hrs is the expected lifespan of that unit. I'm assuming it just wore out. All it may have needed was a carb rebuild but I was happy with the lifespan I got and just bought a new one.

I have used the Echo Power Blend at 50:1 in my Echo equipment until recently when I started using the TruFuel 50:1 premix. I believe the machines run better and burn cleaner on the premix than they did on the mix-your-own fuel. I have a 12 year old GT-200R and just bought two new units this year, an ES-250 and a PAS-225. They all get the same 50:1 premix.

just checked the truefuel pre mix and it is vey easy to use just pour in and that is all , : ) no mixing : ) . would like to know reading over some forums its good to use a 40-1 mix for break in in firts uses then use 50-1 later on , have any of you made this procedure with this truefuel mix : ) ?????

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I have used the Echo Power Blend at 50:1 in my Echo equipment until recently when I started using the TruFuel 50:1 premix. I believe the machines run better and burn cleaner on the premix than they did on the mix-your-own fuel. I have a 12 year old GT-200R and just bought two new units this year, an ES-250 and a PAS-225. They all get the same 50:1 premix.

Originally Posted By: gardentec
just checked the truefuel pre mix and it is vey easy to use just pour in and that is all , : ) no mixing : ) . would like to know reading over some forums its good to use a 40-1 mix for break in in firts uses then use 50-1 later on , have any of you made this procedure with this truefuel mix : ) ?????

No, I have used what Echo recommends since new. Mine run excellent.

reading the manual it says i can use any mix from 25-1 to up to 50-1 checked at my local store and they only have 40-1 , can i use it uppon from what it says on the manual
( can use any mix from 25-1 to up to 50-1 ) ?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: gardentec

No, I have used what Echo recommends since new. Mine run excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back