What is always a good Christmas present for u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife and I exchanged early … she gave me a little Bose contraption for iPad … then complains it’s too loud so I put it in a drawer … ho-ho-ho …

Ammo.

These days I'm fine with not getting anything. Oh I enjoy getting presents, but for the most part, when I want something, I buy it. Makes shopping hard for both the wife and I. Anything I want but don't have is usually pricey.

Don't particularly want anything...if I need or want something I just go buy it myself. The fake "I love it, it's perfect" stuff turns me off completely.

My wife and I generally buy a household improvement for each other for Christmas...windows one year, a roof the next year, finished basement the next. This year we sold the house and the new one won't be ready till June 2018 so we're likely not getting/giving each other anything, and I'm good with that.

I actually prefer nothing but a card. I find opening gifts and such kind of uncomfortable. Christmas gift giving is so forced and almost mandatory. I much prefer a gift when I least expect it....given by a person (mostly my wife) that gives because they want to....not forced or expected. That makes it much more genuine.

The best gift for me is just getting together with family and friends and enjoying the spirit of Christmas. Presents are for the children. Brings back memories of my childhood.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: ThankYouma
Crisp $100 bill.

One size fits all!

I'm fine with mildly used.

Best of luck to Eddie.

Seriously, some nice food type treats are good. I'm not at the point where I have a lot of wants. Mr. Nice reminded me, maybe some Dundee's Orange Marmalade.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: ThankYouma
Crisp $100 bill.

One size fits all!

I'm fine with mildly used.

Best of luck to Eddie.

Seriously, some nice food type treats are good. I'm not at the point where I have a lot of wants. Mr. Nice reminded me, maybe some Dundee's Orange Marmalade.

Always nice when it hasn't been through the washing machine lol

A million billion trillion bones will do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Nothing. Gifts addressed to me will be destroyed unopened.

You sound like fun!

I enjoy giving more than anything. I really don't care what i am given, but i am thankful.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Food.
Including but not limited to fine sausages, fine cheeses, fine homemade chocolate chip cookies, and fine Atomic Fireballs
I agree. Tools and other stuff I already have. But different food than what I usually buy is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back