What do you put on your steak?

I've used Montreal before and still time to time.
For my wife and I, our default for a long time has been burgers or steaks with Lawry's and garlic salt. One side gets each, not both though.

This reminds me to get steak for the weekend. The local butcher still sells meat but the supermarkets are empty.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Good steak just needs salt and pepper.

Ditto.

If you need sauce, it wasn't cooked right.

Atypical of most white guys...

I use a blend of Soul seasoning, blackened Cajun seasoning, cracked black pepper, minced onion. And Lea and Perrins while it cooked via convection on high high indirect heat in my charcoal grill... And sometimes I even add a lot of organic brown sugar to the steak too... With all of the above as well... It's extremely good.

I like seasonings... Flavor.... Some flash.

I have a brown sugar and bourbon kit too I just remembered.
Used it with a light glaze of bbq sauce on pork chops last grilling session. To me, chops need a bit of enhancement. My wife was very happy with the flavor. I'm still trying different things now and then.

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Usually, salt and pepper. I don't mind a little Cajun style seasoning from time to time.

Here's the Cajun blackened seasoning I use... It is really good... And low sodium...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by kstanf150
When I have time I mix up
Soy
Wostershire
Garlic
Black pepper
Brown sugar
Olive oil
And Bourbon
Mix and pour over a bone in ribeye for at least an hour to 3 hours
Grill with pecan wood and here's what ya get

That is very similar to mine....add celery seed and mustard powder and sometimes the bourbon
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gman2304
Originally Posted by GSCJR
A sprinkle of sea salt immediately after it comes off the grill. My dad who is a retired butcher says "Good meat doesn't need make-up".

01.gif

01.gif

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by gman2304
Originally Posted by GSCJR
A sprinkle of sea salt immediately after it comes off the grill. My dad who is a retired butcher says "Good meat doesn't need make-up".

01.gif

01.gif

If someone likes it that way... Nothing wrong with that..

But... Real seasoning is awesome....

I have made food for a good number of people... And they all greatly enjoy flavor/seasoning... I made Dr. Higdon a good friend of mine from the hospital steaks for dinner... And he's eaten a big money steak places... Yeah.. He was like holy cow... That was awesome..

It's like brisket... Or pulled pork... Seasoning makes a difference... Using hardwood to cook a steak with... Makes a difference...

To be fair CT8... I'd bet a Prime graded steak cooked high heat over hardwood or Kingsford Hardwood charcoal with just a bit of sea salt and fresh black pepper added...

Would likely be quite good... .

Last edited:
Sure … just put a nice chunk of mesquite on those K cubes to get ‘Er flame kissed and smoked …

Ehhh not the biggest mesquite flavor fan myself...

The Hardwood Kingsford is really good smelling while cooking .. About good as hickory in my opinion.

Just me but I am not a huge fan of mesquite...

I have used the mesquite wood chunks... It is good.

Just not as good as hickory.... In my opinion.

The Kingsford Hardwood charcoal really has a great smell profile to it... Add a hickory good chunk to it and it is really, really good.

Hard to beat a real stick fire hotdogs... When you use dogwood, maple wood, red oak wood, white oak wood... That makes a big difference...

Back