What do people do with these cars? 92k in 295 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: electrolover
not much on the oil changes in carfax. hope he really got more than that!! id look under the cap for sludge

Carfax is garbage in, garbage out. They only list what people report to them. I have seen totaled cars with a clean Carfax because someone paid cash to fix it.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
not much on the oil changes in carfax. hope he really got more than that!! id look under the cap for sludge

Carfax is garbage in, garbage out. They only list what people report to them. I have seen totaled cars with a clean Carfax because someone paid cash to fix it.

Sure better than nothing though like in the old days...

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

If there was a police report filed from an accident, wouldn't that show up?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
My local Linc-Merc dealer had a 2010 Mercury Milan on the lot with 91,630 (ninety-one thousand, six hundred thirty) miles on it.

It was sold new on 11/18/09, and was traded back in, on 9/9/10, with 91,630 miles on the odometer.

That's 91,630 miles in 9 months and 3 weeks (295 days).

310 miles per day, every single day. At a steady 65 miles an hour, that's nearly 5 hours on the road, seven days a week for nine months and three weeks.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=3MEHM0HA4AR625070&partner=DON_0

Drug runner?

I've only heard of one car with similar, actually higher miles in one year. And yes, it was a drug runner. Seems like an obvious way of tracking and catching the criminals, assuming the law allows the vehicles and drivers to be tracked.

Originally Posted By: BGK
I've only heard of one car with similar, actually higher miles in one year. And yes, it was a drug runner. Seems like an obvious way of tracking and catching the criminals, assuming the law allows the vehicles and drivers to be tracked.

BGK I do want a law that will let anyone track me around Miami Dade County or from Miami-New York....Even though I have nothing to hide it is no ones business where I go.

It is bad enough that the bulk of the people here are already being tracked by their state by their E-Z Pass,Sunpass,Fast Trac or whatever your state uses to collect tolls.

Sunpass in Florida is used to estimate the time it takes to get from one major highway to another...The average time is posted on the electronic overhead billboards along I-95 and other major roadways...Sunpass claims that no other information is being collected from your Sunpass but your estimated time...Yeah right.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Sunpass in Florida is used to estimate the time it takes to get from one major highway to another...The average time is posted on the electronic overhead billboards along I-95 and other major roadways...Sunpass claims that no other information is being collected from your Sunpass but your estimated time...Yeah right.

So, they could also send you a speeding ticket in the mail as well.

Thats not unheard of milage here. It's not uncommon for a person to live 100+ miles away from work 1 way.

It's about 180 miles from Barstow,Ca where rent is cheap to SanDiego, Ca where rent is high but so is the pay. Somebody could live in Barstow and commute to SanDiego where they build the boats and rack up that kind of milage quickly.

An upper-level sales guy could easily put that kind of mileage on a car. Buddies dad did medical supply sales for years, put about 60-70k/year on a car, got a new one through work every 3 years.

A guy I worked with years ago was working his way towards becoming a manager at WM (training program). He lived out of town, and had to do day and night shifts, and respond to alarm/emergency calls all the time. Put 110k miles on a brand-new Chev 1500 V-6 pick up in about 2.5 years. Drove it really hard, and the valvetrain gave out - sold the body for parts.

I put 12K on each of mine/year, and it seems like we're always on the road. I couldn't imagine. How much was it? $10K?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

When I turned it in three days later, it had 1,500 miles on it. They about passed out when they read the odometer.

Oh I have done 1000 to 1500 miles in a 3 day weekend rental about a dozen times in the last 5 years. I get the "weekend special" rental for $75-$80 when we travel. Not only does it keep miles from piling up on my 2006 Oddysey, but I might get 26-30 MPG's (instead of 21), too. It pays me to do this in both depreciation of my personal ride and fuel costs!

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

BGK I do want a law that will let anyone track me around Miami Dade County or from Miami-New York....Even though I have nothing to hide it is no ones business where I go.

It is bad enough that the bulk of the people here are already being tracked by their state by their E-Z Pass,Sunpass,Fast Trac or whatever your state uses to collect tolls.

Criminals are tracked if law enforcement is given the go ahead to do so. If you aren't a criminal you should have nothing to worry about.

Criminals are tracked if law enforcement is given the go ahead to do so. If you aren't a criminal you should have nothing to worry about.

That is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read. Ben Franklin is rolling in his grave and so are all the soldiers who died for you to spew such ignorance. 4th amendment anyone?

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
How much was it? $10K?

Dealer is asking $11,988, which is about $3000 too much. It's still a 4 cylinder Mercury Ford with nearly 100,000 miles on it. It doesn't really matter that it is a 2010, with that many miles on it.

Then again, this dealer always has their prices about 20-25% too high.

Numbers of 60-70-80 thousand a year are being mentioned, but this guy did 92k in less than 10 months.

If this level of usage was typical, he's putting on 115,000 miles a year.

And here's a picture of how plain the car is. Not a real attention getter. It might as well be a rental car, because it sure looks like one.

3MEHM0HA4AR625070-1-320.jpg

[censored] happens.

My cousin leased a 1998 F-150 XLT Super Cab 4.2L. He's a contractor, and his business exploded at about the time he signed the lease on this truck. By the time the lease was up, the F-150 had 200K miles on the odometer. Ooops. He ended up buying the truck after the lease. It was doing great when it got traded in on some Super Duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back