What did Putin hope to accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Y_K
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
As far as the qualities you mention of Putin, you could say the SAME EXACT thing about George Bush Sr.

No, Bushes were not known bi-sexual paedophiles like Putin.. He is a Clinton with a secret police academy diploma

LOL...Google Gannon, Gukert, hillbillies, bohemian grove. (not all at once)

None of these people got to where the got by being "normal"
Luciferians ,the whole lot.

Originally Posted By: Gene K
Putin was trying to start an incident. Then the Panama Papers would disappear into the noise.

Unfortunately for Putin we refused to give him what he wanted.

This is the likely answer.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: andrewg
All due respect...what those Russian jets did was not even comparable. The U.S. warship WAS within it's rights to shoot those jets down. It was not a fun and game thing this time.

The Skipper of the boat knew those were Russian aircraft and he knew they weren't gonna strike. It would have been very dumb to take countermeasures.

First, there is no way of knowing with 100% certainty what the skipper of that ship might have done. Secondly, it was a HIGHLY provocative action and not a simple game as some have suggested...it was out of the ordinary. And thirdly, I also think it would have been a mistake to have taken one of the aircraft down. Especially a first pass. The foolish part was the continued aggressive passes and provocation. How dumb would it have been if one of those pilots screwed up and hit a mast or crashed into the ship?

There does come a time when games stop and a bully needs to be faced straight on.

First, I don't think it appropriate to say "Putin hopes to accomplish". Kind of arrogant towards us. Better to say Russia hopes to accomplish. With Putin or without Putin. Second, we are trying to expand our influence by any means including military power. I guess this is exactly the same what America is hoping to accomplish. No difference.

Originally Posted By: Kira
It's a fun thing which happens all the time.

Pilots buzzing each other with news cameras rolling?

No, poisoned statesiders spouting their cheap-shot political views...ALWAYS in synch with party labels.

Tell me what you know about diplomacy and presidents oil filter buys! Your brains are filled with name-calling hatred.

Good Americans all. Kira

You are so right Kira.
Just like all of us stateside folks of a certain political label thought that it was perfectly okay for Russia to give its proxy an anti-aircraft missile system to shoot down a civil airliner full of passengers. That wasn't okay with me nor anyone else nor should it be forgotten. These are the sort of folks who run Russia.
I don't know what world you live in, but in the real one, it isn't perfectly okay for a couple of Russian aircraft to totally own an American warship, but that's exactly what happened.
And, no, it doesn't happen all of the time.
If it did, you'd be able to see the video all of the time and you don't.
Since you want to bring political affiliation into the discussion, I'll add that I'm not a supporter of the more conservative party and leave it at that.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

You are so right Kira.
Just like all of us stateside folks of a certain political label thought that it was perfectly okay for Russia to give its proxy an anti-aircraft missile system to shoot down a civil airliner full of passengers. That wasn't okay with me nor anyone else nor should it be forgotten. These are the sort of folks who run Russia.

Why to repeat this lie over and over? You hope it will become the truth at some point if repeated again and again?

True, but not to the point of adding Polonium to your tea, blowing up residential building with their own citizens in the middle of the night or shooting down civilian airplanes: their own and others'. When they shot down that Malaysian airliner over Ukraine, they actually aimed for their own, so they could put the blame on someone else. They will end nuking their own city one day..

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
Remember the Russin hero of the Cuban Missile Crisis. He was the man who had the courage to not retaliate when the U.S. navy dropped handgrenades on his submarine. The sub commander and many others on the sub thought that the explosions they heard were real depth charges, but fortunately, the Russian Admiral was on board the Sub and he stopped the subs commander from retaliating with a nuclear response.

Google Cuban Missile Crisis the man who saved the world.

It takes more courage to not escalate the situation.

I saw that episode, probably 50% true.....50% fiction.

They didn't fire anything because they knew every American nuclear missle in our inventory was pointed at Russia. KC-135 tankers and B-52 bombers were airborne 24-7-365 flying with nuclear bombs ready to go.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Chrome_Dome

When they shot down that Malaysian airliner over Ukraine, they actually aimed for their own, so they could put the blame on someone else.

Missed that false flag memo...got a link to those facts ?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Justified? Of course. Wise? Probably not.

Our countries screw with each other all the time. Maybe not this brashly, but it happens. Let's not be in such a hurry to make war with a nuclear power. We could crush them, but only at great cost (especially geopolitically in the long run) and to no good end -- and with a real risk of a nuclear exchange. Better to let saber rattling be saber rattling.

As for what Putin hoped to gain, I'm sure a nationalistic ego boost figured prominently among his motivations.

01.gif

Yes, ol' Putin is a WORLD CLASS saber-rattler, and it IS best to just laugh off his egotistical, Ruskie Mafia-like macho posturing (at least until he does something which cannot be ignored).

They don't need facts. It is much easier to live without facts. And the fact is that American controlled Ukraine did not release flight dispatchers talks with the Malaysian airplane. Another fact - look at the flightradar24. How many airplanes fly over Ukraine now? None. All the flights now are over Russia. Why? Explain this yourself.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
First, there is no way of knowing with 100% certainty what the skipper of that ship might have done. Secondly, it was a HIGHLY provocative action and not a simple game as some have suggested...it was out of the ordinary. And thirdly, I also think it would have been a mistake to have taken one of the aircraft down. Especially a first pass. The foolish part was the continued aggressive passes and provocation. How dumb would it have been if one of those pilots screwed up and hit a mast or crashed into the ship?

There does come a time when games stop and a bully needs to be faced straight on.

andrewq this is coming from a first hand account on a similar situation involving Iranian's. The Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps routinely flies their aircraft over coalition naval vessels operating in international waters in or near the Persian gulf. We were the flagship for one of the west coast MEU's and the MEU commander would go completely bonkers because the Navy commanders would not take more aggressive action against the Iranians. One particular day during the operations briefing he let his opinion be known the P-3 which overflew the ship on that day should have been sent to Davy Jones's locker for flying over U.S. sovereign territory that day. Which IMO would have been the wrong course of action. I do understand his point of view though.

I understand his opinion and he is also a very battle harden warrior whom has served and led with valor, not many servicemember's have this served with this honor. Situations like this are very fluid to say the least, after looking back after the fact, the Captain of the Donald Cook made the right call and did not need to take more aggressive action.

My first ship was an Arleigh Burke guided missile destroyer and if there was any indication of a likely threat the Russian fighters would have be floating Baltic Sea in thousands of pieces right now.

Originally Posted By: Ded Mazai
They don't need facts. It is much easier to live without facts. And the fact is that American controlled Ukraine did not release flight dispatchers talks with the Malaysian airplane. Another fact - look at the flightradar24. How many airplanes fly over Ukraine now? None. All the flights now are over Russia. Why? Explain this yourself.

You're living in a fantasy land with this and your prior posts on this topic.

Keep believing what Putin tells you, Comrade, and you'll be OK.

True, but not to the point of adding Polonium to your tea, blowing up residential building with their own citizens in the middle of the night or shooting down civilian airplanes: their own and others'. When they shot down that Malaysian airliner over Ukraine, they actually aimed for their own, so they could put the blame on someone else. They will end nuking their own city one day..
No more or less than the USA does or had done. In both countries the little people are no more than the useful idiots to the politicians,

Originally Posted By: Kira
It's a fun thing which happens all the time.

Pilots buzzing each other with news cameras rolling?

No, poisoned statesiders spouting their cheap-shot political views...ALWAYS in synch with party labels.

Tell me what you know about diplomacy and presidents oil filter buys! Your brains are filled with name-calling hatred.

Good Americans all. Kira

I'm not at all certain what you're trying to say here, Kira.

But I will say this: I am not just an oil filter boy. I have 29 years of military experience, over 100 combat (and over 1,000 peacetime) missions as a fighter pilot, so I think my opinion actually has merit.

Given the drivel that has developed in this thread, I really don't see a point in adding my opinion right now, but I've been the guy flying over ships at sea.

PM me if you're interested.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Tempest in a tea pot.

The two sides have been tweaking each other's nose since before I was born.

And the beat goes on...

Ding, ding, ding....we have a winnar!
01.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

The US is NO better than Russia, and in many ways is now far worse.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
The US is NO better than Russia, and in many ways is now far worse.

So, if you or a member of your family becomes a POW, the rest of the family members will sent to Siberian concentration camps? And you have barrier troops in your rear that will immediately shoot you, if you pull back?

I refer to Supreme Commander's Order 272 during WWII.

You really know how the world works. some guys were just lucky to be born into this great nation..

razdaca.jpg

American Famine Fleet - Russian Famine Relief 1891-1892 - American Citizens' Effort

One Generation Later

This time it was Government effort

yet another generation later:

“Without Spam, we wouldn’t have been able to feed our army.” Nikita Khruschev

That's after Germans and Russians were a...ptember of 1939

“Without Spam, we wouldn’t have been able to feed our army.” Nikita Khruschev.

This is an interesting tidbit because of Lend/Lease the Soviet Union was able to keep 600,000 men and women from working in factories and was able to use them to fight Nazi Germany. This may have saved Moscow and or St. Saint Petersburg from becoming prizes to the Nazi's and at the very least shorten the war on the European eastern front.

Not to mention the 2.7 billion in aid the U.S. provided Russia in aid from 1992 to 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back