What car did you date your significant other(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just say Viper … they don’t fact check here
wink.gif

Not married but my current girlfriend. My 2008 Acura TL Type S in signature. Our first date was at a museum & then diner.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I met oilBabe, I had a '95 Thunderbird 4.6L and a '94 Geo Prizm as my DD. She had the 2002 Camry we traded a year ago.

When we met(1982) I had a 1979 Arrow GT 2.6 DD as well as a 1974 Monte Carlo and a Datsun SPL-311; when I graduated a couple of years later I started looking for an older BMW. She found one- a 1973 Bavaria 3.0. I sold the Arrow, bought the Bavaria, and the rest is history.
Needless to say, you don't mess with a good thing- we've now been married for over 31 years.

High School: 1990 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 2000 Buick Century

Oddly enough I thought the Buick wasn't cool, but the girls loved the Century. It had leather, a good sound system, and a bench seat so they could "sit" right next to me.
grin.gif

College: My 2000 Jeep Cherokee that I have now

1st GF had an Audi A4 that she trashed within 2 years.

2nd GF had a 1998 Toyota Camry that she still drives today with 200k on it.

My current GF and I met when she had the same exact Jeep with a lift kit on it. Same color, same year. Since then she has owned a Prius, a Subaru, and a BMW 325xi. She still has the Jeep for snow though, so we both essentially own the same vehicle.

When my wife and I met my fun cars were a 1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham 400 V8 with A/T column shift and 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 V8 with 4 speed Hurst pistol grip manual, both with A/C. My work vehicle was a 1993 Dodge half ton pickup with 318 V8.

My wife helped her college boyfriend's family restore 60's Mustangs but she never really learned how to drive a vehicle with manual transmission. That Roadrunner was my last manual transmission vehicle and last muscle car. I've just stuck with half ton pickups since then. My current truck is probably the last vehicle I'll own.

Mine was a 74 Grand Prix Model J, loved that car and regret selling it, had the 400/400 eng tranny combo, we would travel everywhere in that land yacht, she was FAST, smooth and quiet.
thumbsup2.gif

Chevrolet Sprint 1.0L 5speed. Parent's car.

Showing up to date in a humble car is a quick way to weed out worldly women. Then later when you move up to a Corolla you know she has earned being by your side.

LOL

Cars have only been an tool to complete a job for us. Would I ever have a sports car? I am not sure...where can I wind it out and not get a ticket?

I know my wife didn't marry me for my car! When we started dating I was driving a Gremlin. The first winter I borrowed her car often as I had to rebuild the starter, alternator, and replace the distributor. I proposed to her in it. The glove box hung open at all times and the rear hatch latch didn't work. Every time I took off from a stop it bounced open. Sometimes I long for the days when those things didn't bother me

Originally Posted By: CT8
My 1979 Ford F150 was a chick magnet.

1978/79 Ford trucks were the last time Ford made a decent looking truck, I had a 78 Bronco.

When I started dating my wife I had a 67 chevy pickup so I know she didn't like me for what I was driving!

Last edited:
2000 Cavalier in 2006. Been 11 years, same car and same girl
smile.gif

She still thinks the exhaust is too loud

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back