What are you listening to right now?

The Who live at Live Aid 1985. Sound great but obviously hadn't played live for a couple of years with several miscues...

Too bad that camera crew ignored Entwistle … musical education and a top ten bassist any day …

From the new remastered Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary album. This is a neat video and sounds a bit brighter with more detail than the original recording. There's a red Barchetta in here and more than a few nods to the people and things that were and are part of the Rush legacy. The last image may hit you hard if you are a big Rush fan. I know it did for me. I think Neil would likely have enjoyed seeing this.

I absolutely LOVE these guys!! I'm getting ready to dig out my copy of the lp which is KILLER from beginning to end. Garage surf rock is the best way to describe it.

Rick Henn (lead singer and drummer of The Sunrays) only solo 45 as far as I know. Beautiful song!! I love how he kept the "surfing" sound into the 70s.

Paul Kelly and the Messengers - Gossip via Youtube . Have the cassette from '86 . Read of them in Rolling Stone reviews .

IMG_4608.JPG

I know nothing about this band, other than they are from Latvia. I would like to hear the rest of the album, but this one is almost too heavy for me. Sounds kind of like Skid Row. The guitar solo in this song is very good.

Originally Posted by Jimmy9190
I know nothing about this band, other than they are from Latvia. I would like to hear the rest of the album, but this one is almost too heavy for me. Sounds kind of like Skid Row. The guitar solo in this song is very good.

Thanks for the share! I really liked it, it sounds familiar but I can't really place the sound at this moment.

Originally Posted by Jimmy9190
From the new remastered Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary album. This is a neat video and sounds a bit brighter with more detail than the original recording. There's a red Barchetta in here and more than a few nods to the people and things that were and are part of the Rush legacy. The last image may hit you hard if you are a big Rush fan. I know it did for me. I think Neil would likely have enjoyed seeing this.

That's just awesome! Very well done. Godspeed Professor.

Back