What are we making/grilling today or tomorrow for the holiday?

Do a day of fasting .
Maybe take in a parade.

Or a walk amongst those for whom this day was intended.

FA0021C2-9EA3-4528-A6D0-B439BA075C2D.jpeg

Ribeye steak is on the menu. It's really the only thing I buy. My wife makes a killer broccoli salad but leaves the raisins out.

I agree. My problem with sirloin is no matter where I get it from it always takes forever to chew and is often tough. Gave up on that and eat every other type of steak lol.
Round and top round roast if you brine you can get away with putting it in a 600F oven lowering to 450, 20m then oven off

Makes good tasting rare thin sliced roast beef
Sirloin to be honest is no different than round.

My father would never allow either sirloin or round steak or NY strip steak in the house

Given how extremely overpriced beef has been for the last decade I’ve developed a taste for what I always considered beef only suitable for hamburger by cooking strangely, tenting and slicing very thin.

My father and myself always found chuck easy to make tender as steak or roast, too bad chuck steak is almost as expensive as Ribeye most days leaving cheap garbage cuts like round as the only reasonably priced cuts.

When I first started work back in 2006 round minute steaks were on sale 99 cents a pound, very thin , just fried them hot like a pork chop, too bad nobody cuts them that way anymore

Back