What are we making/grilling today or tomorrow for the holiday?

I'm trying to smoke a TRI tip. I say trying because the wind is blowing so hard that the smoker can't get hot enough and it blows over onto it's side. I moved it to a less windy spot hopefully that helps. Semi trucks are blowing over

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-104740.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-104740.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 10
Delmonico steaks and top sirloins with vegetables and gf made some potatoe salad and pasta salad. Few of her friends stop over later. My co worker and his wife may stop over also 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻👍

I'm trying to smoke a TRI tip. I say trying because the wind is blowing so hard that the smoker can't get hot enough and it blows over onto it's side. I moved it to a less windy spot hopefully that helps. Semi trucks are blowing over
Windy here in the valley also. 🌬️

Wonderful wife did shake-n-bake chicken wings with home made potato salad and deviled eggs. Don't laugh - she has doctored up the coating and perfected the technique of the oven wings and they are very crispy and tasty.

Last edited:
Wonderful wife did shake-in-bake chicken wings with home made potato salad and deviled eggs. Don't laugh - she has doctored up the coating and perfected the technique of the oven wings and they are very crispy and tasty.

Shake and Bake Chicken is near and dear to my heart. I haven't had it in over 20 years, but when my mom cooked it.... it was AWESOME! I might need to get some!!!!

Haven’t decided yet. Probably do steaks if we can find any. We grilled hot dogs today for a picnic with my sister and her family. They were decent but I am not a fan of grilled hot dogs. As long as we don’t grill hotdogs tomorrow I’ll be ok lol. I would prefer we get Chinese food but that probably won’t happen. If we find steaks hopefully they are ribeye or t-bone. I’ll settle for strip or anything but sirloin lol. Yes I’m picky lol.

Haven’t decided yet. Probably do steaks if we can find any. We grilled hot dogs today for a picnic with my sister and her family. They were decent but I am not a fan of grilled hot dogs. As long as we don’t grill hotdogs tomorrow I’ll be ok lol. I would prefer we get Chinese food but that probably won’t happen. If we find steaks hopefully they are ribeye or t-bone. I’ll settle for strip or anything but sirloin lol. Yes I’m picky lol.
I'm a fan of a rib-eye myself. Had sirloin about two days ago. The rib-eye is the better steak.

Wanted leg quarters but not yet available
so got thighs

Store was out of normal charcoal so Grilled over cheap natural charcoal that looked like black branches.

Haven’t had bbq chicken in a long time and turned out great over the strange charcoal

Back