Well Pump Switch

Another non plumber novice thing I do is I had to replace a few Moen faucet cartridges yesterday
and instead of turning the never used in 25 years under the sink cut off valves I just turned off the main.
Plus, I didn't have to crawl up under the sink. Yes, I know but I wasn't looking for another fiasco that day.

Did anybody ever have a bad well pump switch give off a constant burning smell.
Not sure but I have been trying to locate a burning smell and my pump switch was bad but not sure that is the cause.
Oil heater checked out fine..

I had an insect crawl in the switch and roast itself, buggered the contact and I had to clean it out.

Ive also had a faulty switch.

Bigass whole house filter.

Oddly it's the only thing I don't have!!View attachment 179540

Nice. Looks like a softener and maybe a calcite filter and a UV Setup.

I'm surprised you don't have at least a single stage sediment filter after the pressure tank.

Softener resin media lasts a long time, but sediment can foul it and reduce its life and effectiveness.

Nice. Looks like a softener and maybe a calcite filter and a UV Setup.

I'm surprised you don't have at least a single stage sediment filter after the pressure tank.

Softener resin media lasts a long time, but sediment can foul it and reduce its life and effectiveness.
Not much sediment or sand in the well

But still very nice to have

Above is as you say except air injection for oxidation of sulfides not calcite

I had the screw holding the power wire on my air compressor pressure switch loosen a bit and it burned things on the pressure switch for that leg of 220V. Wire nutted that leg together and now only switch off one leg of 220V.

A similar thing could happen on a water pump.

I forgot to update this thread. That burning smell was gassing me out of my shop which is a converted bi-level house.
The cause...it drove me nuts until I literally checked every square inch.
The Cause
The living room has a sliding door leading to a deck. Along the bottom track of the sliding door it is carpet. It has been burned away by 24 years of being there. Those areas never got much use at all and the carpet edge has been disintegrated off the metal channel by a 1/2 inch.... that is the cause of the smell when the sun comes out it cranks up the smell.

Maybe this will help someone... hope so.
I'm redoing the house in all LVP.

Had the dog been peeing over there? Pot smokers? I don't get the burnt hide connection.
No dog and nobody ever lived here. I used it for my machinery and shipping center. I don't drink or smoke and come on..lol
The glass heated the metal channel putting heat on the carpet..
Causing it to burn and outgass

Blinds closed forever.
They are maroon color. I had to shine a light to get the pic.. walls are white and not as they look

1000002216.jpg

Back