Weirdest place you've taken your spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a game show (Newlywed?) where similar (but NOT the same!) question was asked and the extremely frank answer brought the whole set down?

So I am asking Overkill if the word "taken" being used in your original question in biblical sense? :)

Like me, she likes history. Some of the places we have gone seem weird to lots of people: Battleship Cove, the USS Alabama, Fort Ticonderoga, the Philadelphia Seaport Museum. We just finished a motorcycle trip...we hit the Lake Erie memorial, the Liberty Air Museum (GREAT-and we rode in a Tin Goose), and the USS Edson, in Bay City, Michigan.

On the way home, we hit the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

As kids we rowed to Fort Ticonderoga....my grandfather was on the crew which rebuilt it....people don't know it's FAMILY OWNED not state owned.

ORIGINAL QUESTION: A fish hatchery.....a marble quarry (Proctor, VT -HIGHLY recommended)....a pen where apple squeezings, the leftover fiber from cider production, is fed to pigs to sweeten up the meat....then the slaughter house for said pigs....then to the smoker. She doesn't eat any pig anymore.

I took my Wife on a week long vacation on my Harley Electraglide. We made no reservations or plans whatsoever. She loved it and talks about it all the time 8 years later. We went to Lake Tahoe and had a blast. It was one of the best vacations we ever had.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Wasn't there a game show (Newlywed?) where similar (but NOT the same!) question was asked and the extremely frank answer brought the whole set down?

So I am asking Overkill if the word "taken" being used in your original question in biblical sense? :)

If you listen, the word was wasn't actually butt. It's bleeped, but I think you can tell what the word was.

The HOVENSA refinery on St. Croix USVI, when it was still operating last decade, twice, duting scuba vacations to that island. We wound up with job offers but turned them down, the place was shuttered a couple of years later.

Most strange / exotic so far would be Chuuk / Truk Lagoon, spending a week scuba diving WWII shipwrecks (some quite deep) from a dedicated liveaboard dive boat.

https://www.trukodyssey.com/

I wanted to dive the shipwrecks sunk by nuclear bomb testing at Bikini Atoll as well but the land based scuba operation there shut down before we could arrange a trip.

http://www.scubadiving.com/article/news/...loses-its-doors

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
The HOVENSA refinery on St. Croix USVI, when it was still operating last decade, twice, duting scuba vacations to that island. We wound up with job offers but turned them down, the place was shuttered a couple of years later.

Most strange / exotic so far would be Chuuk / Truk Lagoon, spending a week scuba diving WWII shipwrecks (some quite deep) from a dedicated liveaboard dive boat.

https://www.trukodyssey.com/

I wanted to dive the shipwrecks sunk by nuclear bomb testing at Bikini Atoll as well but the land based scuba operation there shut down before we could arrange a trip.

http://www.scubadiving.com/article/news/...loses-its-doors

That sounds like it would have been quite amazing!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas

That's a whole other thread, and usually isn't involved in casual conversation with friends
grin.gif
Think of this thread as the PG version
wink.gif

San Francisco Trolley barn and powerhouse. No interest shown. SAC air and space museum. Ho Hum. Union Pacific #844 stop. Go by yourself. Union Pacific F9 A&B power with 49 Niner consist visit. Too hot. Hoover Dam tour. Ho Hum. Fifty mile drive next Monday to experience total eclipse. Probably go by yourself. Ho Hum. Yada Yada Yada. Story of my life.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Junkyards.
Seriously, when I've scavenged parts for various ancient machines over the years, my wife has come along.
I'm older now and there are many really cheap sources of new and used parts to be found online, so my yarding days are mostly over. Most of the old stuff got crushed in the high scrap price era of the early 2000s anyway, although I do know of one yard about twenty miles north of here that never crushes anything. The problem is that stuff that's been sitting since the sixties in our temperate climate with 42" annual precipitation is pretty well gone anyway.
I'm sure my wife isn't too disappointed.

An indoor Pick Your Part, and ever the gentleman, I paid her cover charge.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back