Weird private-label tire names

Anybody remember Fisk tires?
I bought some at Discount Tire around 30 years ago but I remember seeing Fisk Tires signs on gas stations in New Jersey back in the '60's.

Found this
Who made Fisk tires?

Image result for Fisk Tires
The Fisk enterprise, as a whole, was acquired by United States Rubber (later Uniroyal) in 1940. After having been dormant since the [1970s], the Fisk brand was revived by Discount Tire in 1996 under an agreement with Michelin, which had purchased Uniroyal in 1990.

non skid tires
1659380656695.jpg

Anybody remember Fisk tires?
I bought some at Discount Tire around 30 years ago but I remember seeing Fisk Tires signs on gas stations in New Jersey back in the '60's.

Found this
Who made Fisk tires?

Image result for Fisk Tires
The Fisk enterprise, as a whole, was acquired by United States Rubber (later Uniroyal) in 1940. After having been dormant since the [1970s], the Fisk brand was revived by Discount Tire in 1996 under an agreement with Michelin, which had purchased Uniroyal in 1990.

non skid tires
View attachment 110691
Related to Fisk of Gould and Fisk infamy? :ROFLMAO:

The tires that replaced my rotted trailer tires are Greenballs. I can’t recall where they were made but I remember it’s not China or USA.

FIRESTONE FIREHAWK WIDE OVAL INDY 500

I think firestone was influenced by the influx of chinese tire brands when it chose this name?

Trolling or not, I personally think "Firehawk" is a silly name. I cringe whenever I happen to see that word on the sidewalls of my FRS.

While this thread is about weird sounding obscure tire brands, I think there's a good amount strange names among established tire brands. Michelin X-Ice Xi3 is a bit a of a tongue twister. And I have no idea what Continental was thinking of with their ContiEcoProForceSportContact DWS06+Sport 02 naming scheme nonsense.

Back