Wanted: SuperTech 20w50 uoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not as after running the ST 15w40 i saw no reason to even try the ST 20w50. the 15w40 (at least the old ci-4 version) was so good to never want to try anything else!

well, good question.

seems i've already agreed to run some other tests first.
spamsoil is already in for the flush run.

we'll see if i can squeeze it in this year or not.

in the mean time, keep hunting for the older ci-4 or just run the SRT. its not like SRT or delo or 1300 are bad....just not as good nor as cheap. heck go exotic!!! run the 0w30 elf brew or max out the plastic with some maxima 4ultra 15w50

my 2 cases of old superflo are still sealed. guess they will stay that way a while longer.

Running SuperTech 15W40 CJ-4/SM in three bikes. Have 975 miles to go on my 08 Suzuki DL650 (Vstrom) to reach 3000 miles on oil/filter and will have UOA performed. Ride this bike mostly on mountain twistys with higher RPMs & lots of shifting. Bike will have 19,250 miles by next oil change. Have not had a UOA on 15W40 SuperTech oil used in my bikes, yet.

Looking forward to seeing UOA results on ST 15W40 in motorcycles.

bill,
it will be interesting to see your findings.

how is the shifting at this point?

usually i can tell with my left foot if the oil is thrashed or not. for some reason the susvis confirms this every time.

sunruh,

The Vstrom is shifting about the same as when I tried Rotella T 15W40 about 17,000 miles ago. It is a little notchy, but has been since new with Rotella Dino or SuperTech Dino when oil is new or ready to be changed. Have been running SuperTech 15W40 about 14,000 miles in the Vstrom.

My 07 KLR650 and 08 CRF230L both shift good with SuperTech 15W40.

Will probably be ready for a oil/filter change & UOA on the Vstrom in June. Will post results, good or bad for everyone to see how this oil performs in a water cooled 650CC V twin mostly on mountain twistys operated at a moderate to spirited pace.

bill,
please dont post the results.
let's just keep it to ourselves shall we?
i mean, it might upset the sheep if our $8 a gallon oil outdoes their $9 a quart marketing hype.

The price is up to $8.50 per gallon at the local Wally World.!
grin2.gif

Mailed oil sample today to Blackstone for a UOA on Supertech 15W40 with over 3100 miles since last oil change in the Suzuki DL650 Vstrom. Will post results later this week.

Originally Posted By: Craig750
Why is Blackstone so popular yet they seem to have some of the most inacurate measurments?

I wonder this myself. Recently their calcium, zinc and phosphorous numbers have increased dramatically. Pennzoil yellow bottle has over 3300ppm of calcium? Please...

Originally Posted By: ridehike
Mailed oil sample today to Blackstone for a UOA on Supertech 15W40 with over 3100 miles since last oil change in the Suzuki DL650 Vstrom. Will post results later this week.

Looking forward to seeing your results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back