Want to hear from turbo owners that go 10k + oci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: Gene K
I think you gas guys worry about your turbos to much. I have a Diesel that gets 30,000 mile conventional oil changes and has 1.4 million miles on the original turbo.

aha and what kind of vehicle is that?
I bet that turbo spins 175,000 rpm's and produces same heat like gas engine.

RPM is unknown as with current settings of 610 bhp and 1950 torque it goes outside the range the sensor can read. It makes about 30 psi. Its a 14.0L S60 Detroit but it's turbo is also only oil cooled, Most modern gas turbos are water cooled.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: edyvw
I think you gas guys worry about your turbos to much. I have a Diesel that gets 30,000 mile conventional oil changes and has 1.4 million miles on the original turbo.

aha and what kind of vehicle is that?
I bet that turbo spins 175,000 rpm's and produces same heat like gas engine.

RPM is unknown as with current settings of 610 bhp and 1950 torque it goes outside the range the sensor can read. It makes about 30 psi. Its a 14.0L S60 Detroit but it's turbo is also only oil cooled, Most modern gas turbos are water cooled.

Gene K, you often here about the differences (less stress on diesel turbos) between gasser and diesel turbos. I'm in agreement with you. Although gas turbos "burn hotter", they are affixed to family haulers and sports cars for the most part, and stressful in their own right. But those diesel turbos are usually hauling many tons up and down our interstates. All while running 15W40 dino or 10W30 blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back