Walmart Super Tech 15W40 HDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't bother me in the least bit if the oil was recycled and then reclaimed, and made "whole" again.

If it's made to a minimum standard that meets the API/ILSAC req's, and it performs decently in UOA's, then what does it matter?

If anything, if we can reclaim oil, rather than buying it from the middle east, the less dependent we are on them, if even for one OCI.

We've seen good UOA's in that section for Canadian T2000 oil...on a personal level I've used it and would use it again...I actualy think that re-refined oil is better than virgin, b/c it is basically refined twice, and the stuff that comes out of the oil drainers is a heck of a lot cleaner than the heavy muck that comes out of the ground...don't see what the fuss is all about.....

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Any word yet? I'm getting ancy.

I would take that oil back. With Rotella and Delvac at WM, why use the SuperTech? Last I purchased, Rotella was at $8.88 per gallon. I don't ever bother to look at the ST price, is it that much better?

Originally Posted By: HondaMan

I don't ever bother to look at the ST price, is it that much better?
I paid about $6.25 per gallon for the ST oil. My truck holds 12 GALLONS!!!

Simple math shows that upgrading to the better oils will cost me over $30 with tax.

Work has been super slow. Worst winter we have ever had business wise. My boss cut me down to part time and my expensis are more than my take home at the moment. My bank account is shrinking.

$30 is not much but it's alot when you don't have it. I bought the ST oil before winter when I was working fulltime.

Yep... hope it wasn't lost in the mail. Sometimes the samples get there in a reasonable length of time and sometimes they seem to take forever.

Last edited:
Off topic with running it in a truck, sunruh has run the supertech 15w40 in his yamaha dirtbike and the wear results came back better than rotella 15w40. Viscosity held up better and it had more phos/zinc in it as well.

I am sure running it in a shared sump 4 stroke for 3 hours grinding it up good and it holding up as good as it did, it should do somewhat good in a truck. no??

Well, I give up. Havn't heard a thing from Blackstone, so will assume the sample was lost in the mail, bummer. Of course if they do send a report I will post it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In the meantime, I will use this oil in my thumper for short OCI's and send a few samples in to see how it fares. These will be posted under used oil-motorcyles.

Sorry for the dead end.

Looks like the only problem is Walmarts oils seems strange that all of Walmarts house brand oils always read low when tested. To me that is a trend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back