Walmart parts book fail, twice.

The Walmart parts book has failed twice now on my 09 Camry. First it said my headlight was an H11 when it’s a 9005, and it had the wrong part number for an air filter, which really bugs me as that air box is terrible to put back together. Now I get to do it again.

It didn’t hit me the book could be wrong when I changed the oil when the filter I put on was bigger than the one I took off that their book may be wrong. At least it fit and isn’t leaking, but I guess that’s kind of a third time.

H11 is low beam, and 9005 is high beam.

Was the old filter some jobber filter? What was the brand name/manufacturer of the old filter? A lot of the cheap filters like to consolidate applications to the smallest that will fit :sneaky:

For example, the correct oil filter for your 2009 Camry I4 is the Fram 4386/Wix 57145/Purolator 14477, but the cheap filters often consolidate to the shorty 4967/51394/14476.

Some aftermarket air filters are taller or shorter than OE. There is at least one Toyota OE air filter posted on here that was huge and had deep pleats, while the service replacement air filter was shorter in height and had shallower pleats. Both sizes are offered in the aftermarket.

The Walmart parts book has failed twice now on my 09 Camry. First it said my headlight was an H11 when it’s a 9005, and it had the wrong part number for an air filter, which really bugs me as that air box is terrible to put back together. Now I get to do it again.

It didn’t hit me the book could be wrong when I changed the oil when the filter I put on was bigger than the one I took off that their book may be wrong. At least it fit and isn’t leaking, but I guess that’s kind of a third time.
Is Wal-Mart at blame here? Walmart purchases those electronic look-up gadgets from a third party, which you'll find the same thing in Menards, Meijer, and a gazillion other stores from supercenters, autoparts stores (though they prefer you go to the counter these days), mom & pops, etc. They've been very accurate in my experience, but then again you have to navigate the menus correctly. It's frustrating that "KIA Truck" is a thing, and I have to go in there to find my minivan. But wrong parts, I've never encountered that yet.

Its easy to make mistakes with bulbs today. I was similarly frustrated looking up bulbs for a 2011 outback. 4 different kinds in the front if I recall correctly, at least 2 in the back. It took me 3 trips to get it all sorted.

H11 is your low beam, 9005 is your high beam.

Rather quick to blame Walmart when they did nothing wrong and you just misread it or pulled the wrong bulb out ;)

Is Wal-Mart at blame here? Walmart purchases those electronic look-up gadgets from a third party, which you'll find the same thing in Menards, Meijer, and a gazillion other stores from supercenters, autoparts stores (though they prefer you go to the counter these days), mom & pops, etc. They've been very accurate in my experience, but then again you have to navigate the menus correctly. It's frustrating that "KIA Truck" is a thing, and I have to go in there to find my minivan. But wrong parts, I've never encountered that yet.
I haven’t seen the electronic gadget in probably 5-8 years at a Walmart. :eek:

H11 is your low beam, 9005 is your high beam.

Rather quick to blame Walmart when they did nothing wrong and you just misread it or pulled the wrong bulb out ;)
I would have thought that if not twice on the same car.

Is it possible you just looked at it wrong? The H11 and the 9005 both go in the Camry one is high beam and one is low beam/driving lights. The oil filter you can use either size. Your car would have came with the short one from the factory though most likely.
And they also don't have an oil filter listed for your Beetle.

[QUOTE="I I haven’t seen the electronic gadget in probably 5-8 years at a Walmart.
[/QUOTE]
The WM I go to most often still has one but the screen is so dim, has burned-out pixels, and so on.... I stopped bothering with it.

I think you are missing the point here.
The 9005 is the low beam and the H11 is the high beam. I checked that before complaining……unless the PO moved the bulb sockets around.

I need to go to Walmart and take a picture of the book now

The H11 is the low beam according to Sylvania. Maybe the OP reversed the sockets after all???

1691974126989.jpg

The 9005 is the low beam and the H11 is the high beam. I checked that before complaining……unless the PO moved the bulb sockets around.

I need to go to Walmart and take a picture of the book now

H11 is low beam, towards outside of car. 9005 is high beam, towards the center of the car.
Does this help?

Back