Walmart+ Membership Free Tire Repair

That's disheartening to hear, the Walmart tire shop refused to fix your 6 year old flat tire? Was there bulging, cracks, or cords exposed? They refused to fix it only due to age?

I had the same experience at Discount Tire in 2022 on a tire that was purchased at their store. The manager refused to patch a small nail puncture in the middle of the tread because he said the tire was just over 6 years old. When I referenced the policy on the DT website that says they will refuse to service tires over 10 years old, he stated that his discretionary threshold was lower because most tire manufacturers "recommend" replacement at 6 years.

I drove home and repaired it myself with a Safety Seal plug.

That's disheartening to hear, the Walmart tire shop refused to fix your 6 year old flat tire? Was there bulging, cracks, or cords exposed? They refused to fix it only due to age?

8. If for any reason the repair exceeds the tire manufacturer’s recommendations.

Never had to pay anything at Discount Tire even when I didn’t buy from them.
Same here, came in with a flat. Was shocked to hear the repair was free. Gave the tech a tip. I will buy my tires at DT again if Costco doesn't have a better deal.

I had the same experience at Discount Tire in 2022 on a tire that was purchased at their store. The manager refused to patch a small nail puncture in the middle of the tread because he said the tire was just over 6 years old. When I referenced the policy on the DT website that says they will refuse to service tires over 10 years old, he stated that his discretionary threshold was lower because most tire manufacturers "recommend" replacement at 6 years.

I drove home and repaired it myself with a Safety Seal plug.
Never had a tire refused for age, except once when the gash was obviously too large to repair. But I have brought in some absolute junk on a winter beater I was trying to limp along. Eventually I just started plugging them myself so I didn't have to run into town. Had a bad run for a while, I seemed to find every dang roofing nail or drywall screw on the roads for a few months, guessing one of the slobby neighbors didn't take too much caution bringing garbage to the dump after a roofing job.

Why in the world would I expect some stranger to change my flat tire for free? Will you please mow my lawn for free?

I think some of those tire shops use that as a come-on to sell a new tire.
I think they are hoping that 1/4 of them coming in would have a nail in the shoulder and they can sell you a matching 2 or 4 to replace what you have, and a good will to come back more often for other stuff. You still need tire replacement somewhere so might as well be the guy who was good to you regularly.

Back