Wagon superiority thread

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Show me your wagons. Always have loved the small Euro-style station wagons and too bad we don't really have any affordable ones left at this point, decimated by the crossover. Practical and fun to drive. Let's see yours.

Here's my 2018 VW Golf Sportwagen. It's the S trim with 4Motion and the DSG trans....a somewhat odd-ball rarity trim. I picked his up new for ~$19K before TTL...unreal deal b/c nobody buys them. 6/72K B2B warranty (some of that has been impacted at this point from modificaitons). I've replaced the turbo with the larger version from the GTI as well as added a high-flow downpipe, intake, intercooler, and the list goes on. Clearly I have software - Unitronic Stage 2 for both the ECU and TCU. It's got a host of other mods, too many to list. On oil, I run Liquimoly products in this one, seem to work fine and with FCP Euro's Lifetime Replacement deal, it's pretty cheap. Anyway, let's see the BITOG community long roofs!

good one.jpg
good one 2.jpg

Last edited:
No pics that I can find, but I had a black 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon with AWD and the 3.6. Equipped with almost all options including Navigation and keyless start. I loved that little wagon; it was quick and I could haul bulkier stuff if I had to. I traded it in for a GMC Sierra Denali pickup truck a year and a half later, because I needed the towing ability I couldn’t have with my wagon. I haven’t seen another one like it since. 🙂

Unsure and don't care - but they, that's a selling point for sure!

Hey great wagons folks! Keep em' coming! My first wagon was a 1989 Subaru GL 4x4 (yes, real 4x4 with a transfer case like in a truck...hi/low range). 5 speed, blue interior, slowest car I've ever owned. Loved this thing.

Subaru.jpg

wagons are cheaper better handling SUV's. my choice being a VAG guy would be the VW sportwagen 1.8T 6 spd manual + 4 motion. currently enjoying my 2001 TT 225Q roadster!!!

I feel like a traitor because at this rare point in time, I do not have a wagon... I decided to go from a GTi and an Alltrack down to a single car--Golf R. It's "wagon-like", and big and usable as far as hatchbacks go...but still not a wagon.

I see a Skoda Octavia Combi RS in my future though...

Love this thread. I thought that I was alone in my love of sporty wagons. The original posters VW Sportwagen looks and sounds awesome. I also like that Audi RS6. Beautiful!

Back in the day, I bought a new 1997 VW Passat Wagon. It was my second new car purchase. It had a VR6 with a 5 speed manual and leather interior. I loved that car. Handled so much better than the SUVs of today.

It is disappointing how few wagons are available in the US now. I like the Subarus, but I'm not a fan of the CVTs.

Hopefully wagons will become more popular. Not likely though. We are a nation of SUVs. There seems to be no end in sight.

I used to call my Jetta an EUV--economical utility vehicle. Hook up a cheapo HF 4x8 trailer and it'd move quite a bit. I moved from my apartment into my first house using that. It might have been 10 trips but it was less than 10 miles so no biggie. The rest of the time it got mid 40's for mpg, and I usually did not drive for mpg, 40 mpg in the summer with a/c on and rushing to get home, close to 50 in winter when I had nothing else better to do.

FWD got me by most of the time but even with snows it could get stymied in the hills or if the snow got deep.

Back