VOA : Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOA on this oil was also posted a few days ago.

Here's the VOA :

VOA%20Mobil1%20HM%2010W30.jpg

Is the silicone uses as an anti-form agent? Does silicone stay around and confuse future uoa's and lead to an incorrect reading, maybe an air filter problem?

Quote:

Is the silicone uses as an anti-form agent? Does silicone stay around and confuse future uoa's and lead to an incorrect reading, maybe an air filter problem?

Well the analyte is Silica (Si), not silicone specifically. Whether the Silica in the VOA is from the presence of Silicone or something else, I don't know.

There's no question that having the raw numbers from the VOA helps in interpreting the UOA. Subtract the VOA numbers from the UOA numbers to see how much of a certain metal or contaminant was actually contributed by the engine.

Quote:

Quote:

Nicer additive package than other M1 oils .No?

Yes...
drool.gif

hey daman...do you put M1 on burgers and fries and stuff??? haha just kiddin man...I always see you drooling over every M1 thread...But yes...this oil does look quite promising..

I'm wanting to run this oil in my vehicles for the winter, however I was wondering how it would mix with Mobil 1 0w-30 to aid in cold start up? In my neck of the woods it's common to have single digits and low teens on the Fahrenheit scale.
popcorn.gif

Looks like an excellent oil. When GC is lacking, I usually recommend the 0w40 M1. Now, the HM M1 oils look like excellent choices.

Quote:

Is this oil Group III? Contain any PAO? Esters?
coffee.gif

I would like to know that also. I'm currently using Maxlife and now it seems as if they've switched formula to NOT include and PAO.

Point is... we just never know do we? Back to Mobil HM -

It's SL rated? And group???
confused.gif

Yes it's SL rated.

I have no idea what blend of oils it is (Grp III, IV) nor do I care. Someone should be able to figure it out based on the MSDS. But what does it matter ? All you want is an oil that is going to perform and produce a good UOA. This one has done exactly that and knowing what basestock is in it doesn't change a thing. And it's only $20 for a 5 quart jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back