Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 (SP) VOA

There have been several VOA's now per the Russian Oil club which all show the same numbers. There was also one UOA on that site where the oil was used for 9,600 miles and the results were very good.

1714392408308.jpg

This oil meets the Porsche C30 spec, which you can see exceeds API SP and dexos 1 Gen 3.

1714393027916.jpg

Last edited:
There have been several VOA's now per the Russian Oil club which all show the same numbers. There was also one UOA on that site where the oil was used for 9,600 miles and the results were very good.

View attachment 216744

This oil meets the Porsche C30 spec, which you can see exceeds API SP and dexos 1 Gen 3.

View attachment 216745
It looks like you posted this on December 24th because I already have it in my database:

You can't use those spider graphs to compare across different industry specs.

View attachment 216752

Ahh yeah you can…

API SP volatility is less than 15 percent..

GM dexos is less than 12.5 percent…

Porsche C30 is less than 10 percent…

That is why C30 does better on that comparison chart on tests related to that.. Oxidation, deposits, sludge formation…

C30 is way tougher than API SP… There’s a reason because of what vehicle that oil is approved to go into.

Not a whoopty run of the mill grocery getter or dumb suv…

C30 is way tougher than API SP… There’s a reason because of what vehicle that oil is approved to go into.

The irony is that almost all engines that spec C30 are VW based engines in “dumb SUVs”.

Ahh yeah you can…

API SP volatility is less than 15 percent..

GM dexos is less than 12.5 percent…

Porsche C30 is less than 10 percent…

That is why C30 does better on that comparison chart on tests related to that.. Oxidation, deposits, sludge formation…

I'm not saying that C30 is not a better/tougher spec, but one can't use those spider graphs as a literal interpretation of the differences between the specs. It states it right on their site as a disclaimer. This is not even debatable.

I do wonder if the old formulas had some advantage. It looks like this same old rebrand is happening with the Porsche GT oil that looks nearly identical to ESP X3 while the ESP X4 is different and no longer indicated for GT cars.
GM has ended Dexos 2. Effective 2025, GM won't renew or issue any new Dexos 2 licenses. Dexos D is replacing Dexos 2. That's why the reformulation. I'm waiting to see what Pennzoil will replace Euro L with.

GM has ended Dexos 2. Effective 2025, GM won't renew or issue any new Dexos 2 licenses. Dexos D is replacing Dexos 2. That's why the reformulation. I'm waiting to see what Pennzoil will replace Euro L with.
I doubt ESP X3 has much of anything to do with GM. The development was partially funded by Porsche/VAG and MB and it was tested (exclusively?) on Porsche/VW/Audi/MB engines. The ESP Formula was GM's oil.

testprogramm.jpg

Last edited:
I do wonder if the old formulas had some advantage. It looks like this same old rebrand is happening with the Porsche GT oil that looks nearly identical to ESP X3 while the ESP X4 is different and no longer indicated for GT cars.
don't know, but the Porche GT oil, wich i can buy for 90€/4L looks almost identical to the X3 version, few specs are different, but very little.

I doubt ESP X3 has much of anything to do with GM. The development was partially funded by Porsche/VAG and MB and it was tested (exclusively?) on Porsche/VW/Audi/MB engines. The ESP Formula was GM's oil.

View attachment 217215
looking more in to it, looks like the X4 have Porsche A40 and C40 approvals, and the X3 have Porsche C40, (if we look only at Porsche approvals)

Back