Vintage Pictures (mega pic intensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been interested with random vintage pictures lately. I stumbled on a few threads on some other forums and grabbed some of my favs. I'll post more if there is interest. sorry if there are too many and browsers crash.

26.jpg

260.jpg

264.jpg

269.jpg

271.jpg

272.jpg

286.jpg

3.jpg

30.jpg

306.jpg

311.jpg

317.jpg

322.jpg

4.jpg

41.jpg

4a05812apreview.jpg

51.jpg

54.jpg

56.jpg

6.jpg

61.jpg

67VWblue.jpg

7.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

I'm sorry this is becoming a huge post - I just get to excited once I start going! I grew up in Houston - so I'll end for now with some pics from Houston. I'm looking for some sweet military ones right now.

CityHall1900.jpg

HOUSTONLIGHTINGANDPOWER2.jpg

HoustonMainstreetNathansShuddes.jpg

Methodist-1930.jpg

Montrose-Blvd-Main-St.jpg

Montrose-Blvd.jpg

Texas-Rocket.jpg

astrodomeexterior1964.jpg

astrodomeinterior1964.jpg

astrodomemedctr1972.jpg

baytown1949.jpg

capitolhotelcirca1840.jpg

countycourthousecirca1915.jpg

houstonintrnairprt1956.jpg

mainst1880.jpg

ricestadium1958.jpg

sanjacintomonument1938.jpg

shipchannelturningbasin1949.jpg

tmc-sign-life.jpg

uofh1965.jpg

warwickhotel1979.jpg

westheimerstreetfestival1981.jpg

Those are great! I could look at random vintage photos for hours. I especially like the random city street scenes. Are you just Googling to find these?

I started out googling, then started browsing forums. The I went to image shack and photobucket and just browsed for hours until I found things I like. This is really only a small selection of what I have. If there is any interest in the thread, I'll post some sweet military pictures. I was waiting until it hits a second page really to post many more, simply because some web browsers crash when there are hundreds of pictures on a page, and I don't want to crash peoples stuff.

00075544.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting pics. I really like the "old" cars...sort of a stroll down memory lane since I can remember when a lot of them were "new!" Keep em' coming!

One thing that I noticed right away, is how lean a BMI (body mass index) practically everyone has. Maybe I missed em' but I don't think I saw a "fatty" in any of the street scenes. Pretty amazing by todays standards. I guess that's an odd observation.

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO COOL. I love pictures like these!!!! thanks for posting! I must say...some of those women look greaaaaaaaaaat. (I'm sure they don't look not as great today).

You guys read my mind - vintage hotties are the best

Do her clothes look like something a little risque for the time period

1915-Mortons-Mom.jpg

fa14b180.jpg

1000.jpg

3260235002_6bdc623986.jpg

P15566.jpg

StefaniaSandrelli.jpg

some of these women are hot by today's standards

let's try to get it to the second page and I'll post more if you guys are interested! I have a whole section of military photos I'm uploading to my photobucket right now

Last edited:
Great pics! Keep 'em coming. I especially like those that can identify the location and year by the license tag. Thanks --Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: Footpounds
That long haired girl sitting on the rock is something else!

I was thinking the same thing!

Great post - like you, I could look at vintage pics all day!

Thanks!

I AGREE!!

I see many pictures and movies from before the 1970's and the women are nicceeeeeee. Nowadays, women look too fake. by the year 2050, they will all be robots.

That's really cool. See if you can get one of the old Sears building in houston before it got remodeled in the 60-70s. Very cool art-deco design that got covered up with a big gray box. What a shame.

Please do!! I want to see more pictures of people/places/things before the 1980's, 70's. Life back then seems extremely interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back