VinFast expands into trucks.

VinFast also recently launched a factory in North Carolina to supply EVs for the American market.

Like I said before, don't judge this company too harshly while in its infancy.

VinFast also recently launched a factory in North Carolina to supply EVs for the American market.

Like I said before, don't judge this company too harshly while in its infancy.
Yesterday at the RV group card game I brought up the fact that our small school bought one electric school bus & boy did that get some in a tizzy. I welcome the evolution of vehicles & electric has been brewing for decades to enter the market. Neat to see different new names getting into this business. I've not heard of this name before. Good post!

They really started on the wrong foot here. I don't see how they're going to dig out, but a truck is probably the only thing that could do that. They so far have been known to make absolute junk and the pro EV reviewers have absolutely bashed current offerings.

Vinfast was suppose to be this revolutionary company that put every one on notice. Once folks took their first drive, the only one on notice was vinfast

Yes, in "no way" am I claiming VinFast is the new Honda. No way at all. I don't think VinFast will stay where they are now, though. Yes their auto offerings are in its infancy but they and other new players can achieve great improvements in a short period of time. They do have a great logistical location and port infrastructure to export throughout heavily populated Asia.

Don't forget Hyundai's first foray into North America in 1983...

1705246147357.jpg

Yes, in "no way" am I claiming VinFast is the new Honda. No way at all. I don't think VinFast will stay where they are now, though. Yes their auto offerings are in its infancy but they and other new players can achieve great improvements in a short period of time. They do have a great logistical location and port infrastructure to export throughout heavily populated Asia.
Everyone starts from someplace and issues get worked out by good companies. Even Honda had issues when it came here.
I remember my 1977 Honda Accord 5 speed Hatchback. WOW did I love that car, everywhere I went people would come up to me and ask how do I like it. It was new then. But it did have issues, in a short period of time the two front fenders started to rust through, design error was allowing road silt and salt to accumulate under the top part of the fenders. To Hondas credit they replaced and painted both front fenders, of course the beautiful gold metallic paint didnt match perfectly and I was told this was going to be the case.
Being a kid at the time I repainted sometime later the whole car by-myself in my friends shop. Turned out great.

Got rid of that one, bought a (forgot year) but new Honda CRX. LOVE that car too! Awesome. At around 60,000 ish miles the timing belt broke. Pistons smacked the valves ect. upper end had to be rebuilt I think I had to pay the entire cost because somewhere in there was that the belt was to be checked. I cant honestly say I bore the whole cost but it was REALLY expensive at the time.

I suspect this VINFAST company will have it "together" a lot faster then the Honda's and others of the old days. Im sure a success BUT the only thing that blows me away is what I think is an INSANE price. But that is just me. At these prices, I'll never own an EV for the main car but maybe a small second var for around town. Im not sure how a newcomer can be a success if they can't undercut the market place. Perfect example was the Japanese cars when first came here were a bargin. This VinFast is priced the same as everyone else. How can you get your foot in the door like that? Maybe the lease only plan will work. I have no idea.

Back